Where do you get backgrounds and overlays in addition to those in the catalog?

Reading stories from other players, I often notice unique backgrounds and even sometimes clothes that I can’t find in catalogs. Can I create it myself?

I’m a newbie and I don’t know much about it yet(

1 Like

Authors can put their own backgrounds and overlays in. (copyright-free)
They can’t put their own clothing in though. Clothing should be found in the portal.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, can you tell me more where can I view the work of other authors? Are there any instructions on the forums to do it yourself?

2 Likes

What do you mean? Like background other people put in for their own stories? You can’t see those, it’s uploaded to their own account.

2 Likes

Understood. I can’t use background of other authors, but do you know how I can make them myself?

1 Like

You can find them in drives of people, you can find them on the forums or on IG for example. Or use copyright-free sites. You can’t upload copyrighted work to the portal.

Also make sure to credit the people who made the backgrounds and overlays you use.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

I usually use backgrounds from Pixabay, FreePik, Pexels, and UnSplash. You can also find background in shared drives of authors, but you need to make sure that you’re properly crediting their work and that you have their permission.

3 Likes

a few people make background for people

featured stories, have clothes we dont have because the app themself release them, we get new clothes evry thursday though.

also like to note all overlays and background you use have to be copyrightfree, that means do not get anything from google or pinterest

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I got it

1 Like

Yes, thank you very much but how can I insert a background for example from this site?

you download the backgrounf first to your PC.
and then you upload it to the portal here:

Thanks very much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Moved to Art Resources since you’re looking for backgrounds and overlays. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.