Where Do You Get Your Inspiration?

Me as well, but sadly because I’m too lazy, I write it on my head instead. :joy:

Real life. Jobs I’ve had, people I’ve met, experiences I’ve had, places I’ve been.

3 Likes

Yes to the second part! I have a tendency to do that too

1 Like

My inspiration comes from a drama with bad ending and i change it completely to better ending lol

That is the funniest thing I’ve read all day :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Lol writing and thoughts just pop up in my head or I give my chasracters solutions to my problems

1 Like

I once read a story it was amazing and in an episode there was an idea in the story that I liked then Baaaaam I got a story Lol just from a small event and I stated writing it…or from songs for me sad songs inspire me

1 Like

Awesome.

1 Like

SUIKODEN
My favourite video games series of all time! I took a lot of emotions and feeling from this game and put it into my writing. It’s one of the best, even twenty years later. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s so cool.

Really? :grin: For a moment there, I thought I was the only one. I’ve always loved rpg’s. The second one was my favorite! The story plot was amazing (And Luca Blight was a beast.) I go back and play it for inspiration with my writing.

1 Like

Luca Blight was a beast. The opening scene, even though it’s old 2D animation :joy:, is so powerful. I took villian inspiration from him. But the twist in Suikoden 2 is the best. I, rather hilariously, am part of a group trying to get Suikoden 6 made :roll_eyes: Not gonna happen, but I can dream.

I should try and put a quote from Suikoden 2 in my work.

1 Like

I get my inspiration from watching television shows that deals with the topics that I am interested in. I also get my inspiration from scrolling down my Instagram. Those are basically ways I get my inspiration, Sometimes I go out of my comfort zone a bit, and research topics that I would like to write a story about. My advice to you is to research things, or maybe watch certain television shows that deals with your topic. You can also read stories on the Episode app to write a story that you would like to write a story about.

1 Like

When I need inspiration, I normally turn to my notebook.
I do a spider diagram about the genre that I was to write and then brainstorm some ideas - if I’m stuck, I think about characters’ personalities, say a bookworm, I would base my ideas of a book as my motif.
Kind of like this…

FANTASY --> Bookworm? --> Book --> MC reads a book and the characters start appearing in real life. --> Characters from the book she read start coming to her school, e.g

If I’m TOTALLY stuck, I normally look around for small everyday objects and think of a story around them, such as in Lord of the Flies, William Golding’s motif (everyday object) are Piggy’s glasses. They have been on one of the book’s covers, and William keeps referring to them throughout the book.

So if you put it together, I get my inspiration from my life around me. If I see something interesting, base your story on that. Otherwise, I love and recommend listening to music. Listen to the lyrics, some can be powerful.

Hoped this helped :v:t3::sparkling_heart:

Anisha Xx

2 Likes

Heeeyy hun My name is yasmine and I’m writing a story on episode too And for me I bought a notebook That I take with me wherever i go and I write my ideas in it before I forget them … I get inspired by books, movies, stories, REAL LIFE and maybe series But you have to remember that everyday there is a new story you can use if you look in your life or something anyways if you wanna talk hit me up girll :heart:

2 Likes

A lot of my inspiration comes from experiences, things I have experienced as well as others in my life. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weirdly, my story came from watching makjangs (Korean revenge dramas, mostly daily), and fanfiction. I also read a lot, and use plots based on real-life experiences, and stuff happening to me or my friends. (Psst, I highly suggest that you read it, lol) Anyways, I don’t ever use cliché plots. EVER.

I usually don’t start writing until a whole storyline comes together in my mind. I don’t write long outlines, but I take notes about the main plot and my characters. Then I start writing dialogues without thinking it over and I often stop just because I don’t have any more time, not because I’m out of ideas. The fact that I roughly know how my characters will develop and how the story will end makes me inspired to write and update as often as possible. Sometimes I feel I’m much more excited to find out how I can get from A to B than my readers, but I don’t care :smiley:

How can I say “EVERYWHERE” without seeming lazy to elaborate…? Hmm…

For writing stories, apart from life experience, most people usually get a sudden surge of inspiration after absorbing some kind of great creative content. TV shows, movies, books, but also an image, a song, a short video… There are also many websites dedicated to spark inspiration for writers in need. Just a quick Google search should do. I’ll just throw in some ideas here, but there really is no limit to the imagination.

• Talk to people, ask about their experiences, their childhood, their dreams, their emotions, their insecurities, the way they see themselves and others, the way they’d react to certain situations… Have deep conversations with people and listen to their stories. If you don’t know many people from different backgrounds in real life, you can use the internet. It doesn’t compare to real life, but it shall still help you.

• Look within yourself and your experiences. Introspection is always useful.

• Research about something you maybe never thought of before. “But how do I research about something when I don’t even know what I’m searching for?” By doing the above mentioned and finding something that you don’t know much about but that seems interesting and especially interesting to include in your story in some way. Research about other cultures, religions, spirituality, superstitions, psychology, professions, lifestyles…

• Look for videos on Youtube that offer advice to writers about how to write compelling stories and characters. You can even look for video essays about movies you’ve never even watched, books you’ve never read, things you’ve never really thought of, etc. I swear, it helps.

• Search for writing templates. You don’t have to stick to them 100%, but do use them to guide you. They make you ask yourself questions about your potential story that you probably hadn’t thought of. There are templates for everything like plot, characters, world-building, etc.

• If you want to write a story in the fantasy genre, maybe do a simple image search with the keyword “fantasy” and look at what pops up. I mentioned fantasy because the same method isn’t as helpful with the “thriller” keyword, haha.

Phew! It’s hard to write a post that feels complete when in the end, my answer is “EVERYWHERE”. But this is hopefully a helpful snippet. And please, ooooh please, don’t recycle overused cliché plots. And looking at your first post, I don’t think anyone needs to remind you not to plagiarize.
Anyway, good luck and let everyone know about your story once you get the inspiration for it! :blush:

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: