Where is everyone? 👽

We can all agree that in the whole universe there must be at least a living being like us. We know about the existence of 40 billions habitable planets, 11 billions of which orbit a sun-like star.
So if the universe is infinite it must be filled with organisms, however we never found anyone.
So where is everyone?

18 Likes

Who knows? :eyes:

5 Likes

Wish I knew high key I’m tired of humans God needa drop a new species

16 Likes

around…

5 Likes

Or a fire mixtape of the bible

7 Likes

The government is holding them captive?

You know, like Stan holding Rodger captive? (Excuse the American Dad pun)

9 Likes

I remember my chem teacher talking about how, if there are aliens who can travel through space in reasonable amounts of time (ie. they’ve developed a way to make a ship go hundreds of times the speed of light), they probably don’t care to visit us.

We share 99% of our DNA with our closest animal relative, the chimp. The very smartest chimps can learn sign language. Cool, sign language, a five-year-old can do that with enough training. If there was a species that’s 1% “smarter,” genetically, than we are, they’d be like: “Cool, particle physics, a five-year-old can do that with enough training.” They’d just see Earth as a planet full of chimps who are killing each other over our religions and ethnicities, they’d realise how much drama it’d be if they stopped for a visit, and decided we’re too dumb for them. :joy:

That’s just one idea, though, there are others, like that we’re actually the first ones to get into space, and many more.

13 Likes

I’m not sure if I want to meet an alien like Rodger :joy:
Other than that if an alien is intelligent enough to travel through space, they’re most likely intelligent enough to break free from an inferior species :thinking:

4 Likes

they saw human realise we where ideots and dicide not to contact us

7 Likes

Wherever they are I’d like to apply for the role of Empress when they take over and turn the rest of you into science experiments. :blush::innocent:

7 Likes

That makes sense tho :thinking:
But considering that the closest habitable planet is around our same age, wouldn’t that mean that they evolved similarly to us and that they’re as inferior as us? So how come that none ever answered our radio signals? Or that we never found any type of movement around there (like we sent satellites out in space but never stumbled across another one). Also, if there’s an extremely intelligent being, wouldn’t this make it fairly visible to us? Wouldn’t they terraform as many planets as possible? Wouldn’t we notice their actions?

But yeah, if I was an alien I wouldn’t want to have anything to do with humans as well :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Maybe I already am a science experiment :eyes:
(The Shadows by Cece intensifies)

7 Likes

No idea. :thinking: I imagine that if they didn’t want to be seen, they’d have ways not to be seen. I figure we’re just advanced enough that it’d be too much hassle to clear us away to take over our planet for resources, if they even want half-depleted resources.

As for same-age planets, idk, I figure that the earth could’ve gone many ways, there were numerous events that led us to where we are now, including mass extinctions. It’s impossible to know if we as earthlings got lucky, unlucky, or average. :woman_shrugging:

All mysteries hehe.

7 Likes

Space is very very very big, and the chances are that we live in the same time as a space-facing entity within our galactic neighborhood isn’t that high, as while life is likely abundant, civilizations are rare and short lived.

That, or they’re avoiding us because Earth is Space Australia :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

The idea of us being alone stuck in a planet is just so terrifying to me :pensive:

7 Likes

That’s our fault, to be fair. We shared the planet with several intelligent species like the Neanderthals, Denisovans, Homo floresiensis, and probably others. We won the first inter-species wars :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

And we will soon win again by killing all the others animals, yaay! :joy:
(I’m starting to understand why aliens don’t want to visit us lol)

9 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Get drunk every night, sure why not lol

5 Likes

It would be like meeting a grey human :joy:

4 Likes

shrugs …Black Holes?

5 Likes