Where Is My ATLA Fans? ❤️

I’m an ATLA & LOK fan here! I would’ve loved to see a pre-quel for Kyoshi and her backstory. I haven’t watched the live action and nor do I plan on it, but I’m definitely re-watching Legend of Korra now that it’s on Netflix.

1 Like

It’s uneven and I plan on adding more stuff:

1 Like

I grew up with this and I’m PUMPED seeing this here! :star_struck:

Best decision they made🤗

i kinda thought Mako was a jerk

Unpopular/Popular Opinion on ATLA:

• Jet is so underrated. The character growth he had was amazing!! AND THE FACT THAT I CRIED WHEN HE DIED TOO!

• I didn’t cry when Yue died and turned into a moon spirit. I mean I usually cry in certain parts of a movie/tv series whether it was supposed to be sad or not but I just couldn’t for this. Like think about it, we only knew her for TWO EPISODES. And the only thing we surely know about her is that she kept playing with Sokka’s heart. Sorry but true Yue’s fans. :woman_shrugging:t5:

• Ik katara and Zuko were not supposed to be together but I stand for their ship. The fact that Zuko and Katara weren’t even in a relationship together and instead had a hate relationship and yet people ship them from their encounter shows something. Aang and Katara’s relationship is so cute but tbh I still see them as best friends or brothers and sisters. IDK but that’s just me

• Mai and Zuko’s relationship was so weird in the beginning and cringy like I was to the point where I kind of wanted to see them break up or something. Their dark love is too dark for me. I started to see their relationship as something more when Mai sacrificed herself to save Zuko and the other prisoners when they were in trouble. But in the end, I wanted them as best friends or something. Again idk… :thinking:

• Momo should have had a whole episode to himself. I mean Appa got two episodes all to himself. MOMO must be appreciated!!

• I feel like Toph should not have a love interest. Some people ship Toph with like Mai and Sokka but I really don’t see it. Her personality just shows how independent she can be. She shows masculine forms but at the same time, she is still a girl. She saved so many lives in the gang and the only time she needed to be saved was in the finale. With Sokka, it’s a brother and sister relationship that I see. Also, I think people are kind of stereotyping her because she is a tomboy. A lot of people think girls who are tomboys are automatically gay which is not always true.

• Ty lee deserved so much more. I don’t remember what episode it was but there was one episode where Zuko, Mai, Ty Lee, and Azula went on a vacation. In one of the scenes, all four of them got into a fight late at night in a campfire. Everyone was picking on each other but I really felt something when they came after Ty Lee. Like they insulted Mai, Zuko, and Azula but like it wasn’t as harsh as Ty Lee’s, I literally wanted to cry for her.

That’s all I can think of right now :blush:

2 Likes

To be fair people ship anything as long as they think two characters look good together.

4 Likes

Definitely Earth! :grin: :peacock: :mountain:

2 Likes

That’s true

1 Like

i miss jet so much hes my fave.

The movies are such a disappointment as you said.
They all do like toooons or movements that take 5 minutes just to love a droplet or pebble. Like, wtf??? In the actual series, if they were in a middle of a battle, they’d be dead. :expressionless:

I finally watched the whole series over the summer, and wow… Just wow. All the characters are developed so well, and the world building is just :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:. I love how they explained the origins of bending and have sub categories or bending, like lightning bending, sand bending, blood bending, etc.

While The Legend of Korra (LOK) wasn’t nearly as good and the characters are no where near as good as ATLA, it was still nice to have a sequel, even though Aang, Sokka, and Iroh are dead. :sob::sob::sob::sob: I would have much preferred a book 4 for ATLA like many other fans, though. :cry:

1 Like

I don’t why everybody ships people just because they have some relationship. (But some make sense though. Not all non-canon ships are bad. That’s for sure!)

Having Katara and Zuko end up together would have done anything for the plot. If people ship them, it’s understandable I guess? Oh well, we all have our opinions, and they would look cute together. :joy::thinking:

I choose air, because unlike the other benders, any air bender can do all sorts of air bending. Sand bending and metal bending is SUPER hard and only comes to some, lightning bending only comes to some fire benders, and blood bending is super rare.

In one episode in ATLA, Aang airbender a rock. So technically, with air bending, you can move rocks and water. In my opinion, you can do a lot with air.

And if you’re taken prisoner, earth benders need rocks, and water benders need water, and fire benders can’t be in super icy conditions, but air benders can bend wherever (unless there’s no air; in that case, they’re basically dead anyway).

Then again, all the elements are pretty equal in power in my opinion. :ok_hand:

I just love the air temples, their spirituality, sense of humor, and the flying bison, too.

3 Likes

That’s true!!

1 Like

What about you? :thinking: Which element would you pick?

1 Like

It’s so hard to compare the two! They were in very different times and situations and had different enemies.

They were also different in age. Korra started out knowing how to bend 3 of the elements, while Aang has been stuck in an iceberg for 100 years and had to go find his own teachers.

1 Like

Most live actions of animes are disappointing. I don’t even give them a try anymore.

2 Likes

flashbacks to the netflix death note movie

1 Like

That the first thing I thought about when it come to disappointing movies

1 Like

yea me too, i can’t describe how physically ill their representation of L made me :upside_down_face: And Lights completely different personality