Where is that big update?

Stuff takes time.

1 Like

It depends on what they are working on.

1 Like

That’s the problem that means they didn’t need that big update to release those things so it was a lie to just not release it for us instead of just saying we don’t want to and that just put everything they said in question

Yeah, but I think they did adress it in one of their update posts.

1 Like

Episode is a company working on various things for its platform and that requires a certain level of privacy during ongoing projects, different from one author planning and updating their readers on the next chapter release. Think a lot of turning cogs rather than just one. You need artists, coding work, testing, problem solving, etc. to get this done and that’s on top of other tasks and whatever other issues need ironing out on the regular.

If they’re making a big technical upgrade, it’s something that will take a lot of work. Them not telling you their current progress for it doesn’t mean they’re leading you on and lying to your face.

5 Likes

Or maybe it’s something that can be added to this list :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Things don’t happen in the blink of an eye even if it was promised months ago. No offense but if it’s so easy I suggest you try it somehow. Episode is a company not a machine, they might have not done it but they haven’t forgotten. To give such a bundle of big updates takes a lot of time, coders, artists, functionals and more.

ps; wasn’t directing it towards you.

3 Likes

I mean it is a “big” update… i dont think they could just pump it out within two months while making us smaller updates every week.

1 Like

When did they announce this? out of curiosity?:thinking:

1 Like

probably this? idk.

Melani3 said this

3 Likes

Oh forgot about this

I think we all know how a company works and they also need some better communication with their community and it has been an issue that happened a lot of the time . They gave some information that they don’t seem to follow on in time and that’s not the problem but they have community managers for a reason and if you announce something but can’t deliver just a message saying that you will need more time is enough. If you are happy being kept in the dark and never searching for info yourself then good for you but I won’t

That’s what I’m mostly talking about where is that big technical upgrade ? We haven’t had a BIG one that justified the props not being able to be released. So there is either a lack of communication or it wasn’t true

If you’re curious try asking Arlene.

2 Likes

But they aren’t late with this upgrade considering the estimated release date they gave us is just to expect it at some point this year. No promises regarding that have been broken so far. They literally are not late.

Because they are not late, there is really no reason to give us another progress update so soon. And they’re definitely not going to tell us the nitty gritty of what’s going down at HQ, which is the right move for them as a business.

You can keep asking them about this, I don’t really care, but the truth is you’ll just be spinning your wheels. Companies tend to keep their exact workings private. If you can’t accept that, then there isn’t anything I can tell you that will change your mind.

4 Likes

I totally agree!

They said again that it was supposed to be at the end of the summer when ask personally by some other users. And no one is asking for the nitty gritty but just to know what happened. Since you seem to not get it she implied that the release of props to us was bound to that update coming out first but that update is still not out and we have no info about it but we got props so what version are we supposed to believe or we aren’t allowed to ask questions and wonder about the different statements made. They are a lot of contradictions. Like when Melanie says they can’t approved. A outfit that was used for a gem choice in the wish list but just approved a big t-shirt used as a gem choice in college-ish. So if you did some research instead of thinking they are always right you will noticed all those contradictions and ask Questions.

Apparently you cared enough to respond and as I said to other people that tend to not do research and think companies are godly beings that shouldn’t be questioned then good for you but some of us in the community would like things to make sense and to be informed about changes bc that caused a lot of confusion and problems before like the guidelines incident.

Nope, I’ve already said my peace on this thread and won’t be pulled into an argument. Do as you will.

5 Likes

There isn’t an argument just a conversation but do as u wish