Which genre gets more reads?

Why do you want to know?

1 Like

I was just curious because. I have never seen horror stories featured and have rarely seen fantasy stories featured. So I had to ask this doubt.

I have over 200k reads on a horror story :woman_shrugging:t3:
Itā€™s not millions like The Infected, but I think itā€™s pretty good lol. (Itā€™s old.)
I have stories in thriller as well. I donā€™t think having my horror story actually in horror hurt it whatsoever.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a very popular genre so, itā€™s not really something they try to invest in. Even though they bought The Infected it was barely promoted. Didnā€™t spend that much time on my Whatā€™s Hot section.

There were a couple of Classic style ones ages ago, but I barely remember them loll

1 Like

Romance, Action, and Fantasy. But mainly itā€™s Romance.

1 Like

Okay!

Probably romance/drama

1 Like

What about comedy? Iā€™m making a comedy story, but donā€™t know if itā€™s the right genre (it will be about love too, so should I do romance or comedy I donā€™t know) :heart:

1 Like

I guess put it in romance! There are romance stories with comedy too!

1 Like

Romance gets the most reads, but I think itā€™s also the genre with the most stories. A really fun thing to do is go to the top romance stories and see how many reads those have, then go to a smaller genre, like adventure, and see how many reads the top stories there have. People generally like to have some romance in their stories.

1 Like

Yeah! Thatā€™s a nice idea. Dumb me didnā€™t get it sooner

Lol we all have those moments.

1 Like

Ikr. So i checked. Top romance has about 9M to 800 to 900 K. AND I HAVE SCROLLED SOME MORE AND SAW 3 TO 5K.

definitely romance. I wanted to do something different than romance, but Iā€™m just better at writing romance than other genres. itā€™s super flexible and the plot is expandable :new_moon_with_face:
btw, i love your pfp. alison is kween :triumph:

1 Like

Lmao
Thank you thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like