Which is the better name? (Poll)

So don’t wanna give too much away because I may not even be making this story, but which name is better for the love interest? He’s a vampire from the 1800’s and I wanted to go outside of the box for him. He’s dark, likes to disappear, rather quiet, but definitely not shy about his attraction to the main character. (I feel like this is a pretty typical personality lmao) Please don’t roast me on the names okay I wanted them to be different.

• Lucifer
  • Romeo

0 voters

3 Likes

Personally I feel like naming him Romeo would put a nice twist on the classic tale

Lucifer seems too sinister

1 Like

romeo is such a sweet name and since your character seems pretty soft 'cause he’s very quiet and shy and all, i think that’d be better than lucifer

1 Like

Yeahhhh that’s what I was afraid of haha

He definitely isn’t soft, just romantic :joy:

1 Like

OMG that’s even better 'cause romeo from romeo and juliet was really romantic so … omg that’s so sweet

1 Like

I am sorry to say but those are not orginal names

also lucifer is the name of the devil

1 Like

Yessss :joy:

I know lol and I’m aware they aren’t original, just not used as often

yeah but your story takes place in 1800. that is a time where people would be ready to burn you just by saying the name

1 Like

Sorry sorry the story takes place in modern day, he was just born in the 1800’s :joy: but I get your point haha

I chose Lucifer… Romeo seems overdone. Lucifer is less common and has a “shock factor” attached the name. This is why I believe “Lucifer” will attract more attention to your story.

2 Likes

Very well written and trueeee :relieved:

1 Like

Beg to differ. Lucifer is such an over done name for supernatural creatures that have a dark side.

2 Likes

I feel like it (Lucifer) is an overdone name for all the wrong reasons, considering who the name is originally associated with. It’s said that Lucifer himself was once the greatest angel God had ever made before his fall, and his name means morning star of all things in Latin (which by itself raises a whole new volley of questions on what the devil’s real name was, since the original biblical text was in Hebrew, NOT Latin).

Unfortunately, regardless of what the origins of the name Lucifer really are, it’s always had negative connotations due to WHO it’s associated with, just like with the name “Adolf” or surname “Hitler” for… well, you know :poop:

Anyways, mini rant over. I feel like Lucifer would be nice for your character. :upside_down_face:

Edit: I agree with Ray Edwin, Romeo is just so hackneyed considering all the human characters people name them after. The only other time I’ve seen the name Lucifer pop up on this platform is to refer to the “actual” devil in someone’s story, not a completely different creature with the same name, so to give your own character the name Lucifer really would add that extra “shock” factor into your story…
But that’s just my opinion :nerd_face:

2 Likes

You may be right… :slight_smile:
All in all I stand by the name Lucifer, for me I think Lucifer has a bit more of a shock factor.

1 Like

Wow that’s a lot but I love it haha

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.