Which way is a faster way of directing an episode?

I currently do all the directing and speech as I go along when writing an episode, but I’m wondering if it’s faster to write all the dialogue first and then add all the spot directing etc after? What personally works for you?

2 Likes

I usually get the chars in place, write the dialogue and then animate

4 Likes

I do text first. and some directing first for the entire episode. then do animation zoom and directing. then speachbubbdle and sound,

adding animation and change speachbubbels. is easy to do. its just copy past. come up with is hard because you have to come up with text and when I am doing that I dont wanna get distrected with stuff like speachbubbels and animation I need to fokus on the text

usally I do multiple chapters before I do animation. speechbubbels is the very last thing I do

1 Like

I just do all the zooms, spot directing, etc. while writing since I usually write my stories without much planning which is probably a terrible way. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Personally, I imagine the whole scene in my head so I just recreate it with the dialogue, so I write line by line rather than doing dialogues first followed by setting the scene :hugs: I feel like it does take up more time doing it that way but at the same time, I feel like it’s easier for me to get the scene to be perfect :ok_woman:t2: But I think writing dialogues first would probably be quicker

3 Likes

I use google docs to write out the entire script and use I usually have a word count I want to get to like maybe 1000 words that I can keep a track of in google docs. It also had a spellchecker in google docs. When I finish the script I copy and paste the script into the Writer’s Portal and direct around it.

2 Likes

That’s a good strategy ngl

Same I never plan :joy:🤦 I pretty much do the same as you rn tbh

1 Like

As long as it works for you, that’s great!! :heart:

2 Likes

That’s a good idea tbh writing would deffo be easier your way when you’re on the go/haven’t got your laptop with you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.