Who Else Hates The New Episode Guides, Now Known As Help?

The updates version of episodeinteractive.com no longer provides the button at the top that said Guides, now it says Help. It is really hard to find help with things such as overlay placing now then it was before. I searched through the Help and found the overlay helper, now it only says now add an overlay to a background by added it to the background scene, ex: INT. BLACK - DAY with CAMERA. Before it explained how to move the overlays, change the opacity, and more!

ex.
@overlay CAMERA create
@overlay CAMERA opacity 1 (or other)
@overlay CAMERA shifts -------
@overlay CAMERA scales -------

Then you could create the overlay whenever you wanted during the scene! I think they should put Guides back!

Do you support? Or no?

8 Likes

I support of course, but I posted this, so it doesn’t count… :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

2 Likes

support❤️

Yay! Someone!

1 Like

Support!

Dang, only two people

Sorry :sob:

1 Like

Support!

support

Support

Yess. Slightly different reason but I miss having the guides also because it allows for a new tab creation and I can always click Guides where a new tab is created then I can click other things for example Art Catalog button on it.

So one tab I have my script and the other is the art catalog for me to search through the animations, background etc. This makes for efficient coding reference. It was so easy back then. Now need more steps and not as efficient as last time.

If I click on Art Catalog, Helps and Payments, my original tab will be lost and changed unlike Guides button last time. (Through can right click and say open a new tab but still the Guides button was really useful in that regard.)

:grinning::smile:

1 Like

Thanks, but I don’t really need help on how to use overlays, it was just an example

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.