Who isn't "American" here?

I put American in quotes because to me an American is anybody who lives in America. The ACTUAL America, which is a CONTINENT. So technically, my Canadian booty is American too, because I live and was born in America. THE CONTINENT.

:smile:

So Iā€™m curious to how many people here are American (USA) and who arenā€™t (like me). The pollā€™s anonymous so you donā€™t have to worry about privacy.

• American American (USA)
  • Literally anything else because USA isnā€™t the only country on this earth

0 voters

I have nothing against Americans (USA) donā€™t take it wrong, Iā€™m really just curious as to where people are from. You can share what you love most about your country/city (you donā€™t even have to say which country/city).

6 Likes

Yeah, as an American American the whole ā€œAmerica only means USAā€ has always bothered me a bit.

3 Likes

I thought you meant whoā€™s a lesbian :sob::joy:

5 Likes

If it makes it any better, I plan to move to Australia. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I donā€™t get why only people who live in the USA are called American, not that I want to be called American or anything (Because I really donā€™t) but it doesnā€™t make sense.

2 Likes

Well the U.S.A is called the United States of (North) America. And I donā€™t think Unitica or Statica has a good ring to it.

(Also, the founding fathers were a little lazy. When it first started North & South America was called the Americans. So I guess they just took that.)

They just had to find a better name :joy:

Iā€™m kidding donā€™t take that seriously

2 Likes

Lol itā€™s fine.

1 Like

I think itā€™s interesting to see what people call continents from different places. Like Iā€™m from the us and we only say America referring to our country, but I just think that that is interesting :blush:

1 Like

Maybe they could have thought of something just like how the people of United Arab Emirates are called Emirati. It does have a good sound to it but itā€™s really odd since they arenā€™t the only ā€˜Americansā€™

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s true, but I think itā€™s a few hundred years so late for that. :woman_shrugging: Like, no one is gonna say it, even if they do change it. You know?

2 Likes

True, weā€™re just gonna have to deal with it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™m Canadian. :partying_face:

2 Likes

maybe you should change the title to ā€œwho isnt from the USAā€ thenā€¦

i live in the US but im white and asian.

Not necessarily though. We do say Central America and South America (or Latin America) alot. (When the conversation stories ofc)

Iā€™m Canadian and I love our diversity, land, and the love that our country gets from its inhabitants. On Canada day I waited 5 hours for a Canada day thread but none appeared to I made one!

2 Likes

I come from Ireland and I love the fact how we are typically presented as ā€œbehind the timesā€ but actually 80% of the population voted for same-sex marriage to be legalized.

4 Likes

One thing I love about Britain is that we have same-sex marriage legalised.

2 Likes

From Ireland too

1 Like

Iā€™m from London! Iā€™m also brand new to this forum! Hello everybody!

2 Likes