Who to become? đź’›

Hi :heart:
I am in the 9th grade and I do not know who to be, kind of. I really want to become a singer and an actress, when I talked about it with my mom she was not pleased. She is convinced that I won’t make my living, it is not a job. I appreciate her opinion, but It is my future. But I thought that I should choose the back up job, every time I tried to do so, I failed. I always come back to the start. I want to study abroad, sing in front of thousands of people who sing along with me, but I have no support, no understanding from my mom and dad. I plan to sing up to a vocal class in summer. What do I do? Please help me, any kind of advice I appreciate :yellow_heart::heart:

5 Likes

Where there’s a will, there’s a way !
Be determinated if it’s what you want to be do it ! I wish you a lot of luck :four_leaf_clover: and you can do it ! :wink:
I’m sure you’re going to go really far with courage.

4 Likes

Thank you so much :yellow_heart: It is the nicest thing I’ve ever been told :yellow_heart: I wish you good luck as well :yellow_heart: I hope all your dreams will come true :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks you’re very nice ! :blush:

3 Likes

I say if that’s what you want, go for it. But it is much much easier said than done. Things don’t always go as planned so even though you are pursuing your dreams or want to pursue it, make sure you have a plan b or a backup career you would like to get into just incase this doesn’t work out.

4 Likes

Thank you :blush:If you don’t mind me asking, how can you choose a plan b if you always end up on the same choice?

3 Likes

It’s not easy :sweat_smile: especially when you’re so determined for the initial plan to be your only plan which in a way is a good thing. You say you’re in the 9th grade so you have time to research and explore what else you enjoy and other things you’d be good at that could also maybe be a career choice.

4 Likes

Hi!!
I have a friend who is in the same situation, I can tell you what is she going to do.
She is going to the university to have have a backup job you know? But she is going to continue studying music and learn more things to improve, she’s a singer as well.
My recommendation is that you must have a backup beacuse the music world is so complicated but I encourage you to continue with your dream.
Good luck :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hmm… You live only once, as they say.
My motto is to chase my dreams and to believe that I’m going to achieve them.
If you want to become a singer or an actress, that’s great! I want to act too or/and direct movies.
Sadly, being a so-called celebrity, although I don’t like that word when we talk about respectful famous people, who don’t do everything for fame and they are still called like that.
Anyway… as I was going to say, it can be very hard cause there are plenty of people who are talented in singing, acting, etc.
You have to work hard, go to extra courses, spend each of your free time to get better and better and better. You can’t just dream, because that won’t get you anywhere. You have to do something to increase your talent!
Maybe, when your parents will see your passion they will support it more? I can’t promise that though.
It’s good to have a backup job, but it doesn’t change the fact that you can’t give up on your dreams so easily.
That’s why you have to listen to your heart. If you want to become a singer, do everything to make it real.
And as you said it’s your future, your life, so, please pick the right decision and follow your dreams, so you won’t regret it later.

I hope it doesn’t sound mean and I wish you the best of luck!

5 Likes

Okay first important thing… NEVER let anyone tell you, you can’t be what you want to be.
When I was younger I wanted to be an actress, I loved acting so much and it was a passion of mine. I’m lucky both my parents always told me to reach for what I want in life and to never give up because with passion and drive I can be whatever I want to be. So believe in yourself if you have the talent and the desire and enthusiasm to push yourself and not give up then you can do it.
It’s a hard business. You will be knocked back a lot and not find it easy all the time. It’s rough and it’s competitive. But it’s also been like that for everyone else going through it. And I’m sure they will mostly say it was worth every god damn second. Believe in yourself. There’s never any harm in fitting in some other qualifications and talents, especially so that you have support as you persue your true path. But don’t see it as a thing to do if you fail as much as a support net to help you succeed.
Perhaps if you are talented in the performing Arts field you could train in something like teaching it… that way you can still have that same area and you can improve yourself as well as helping others to succeed.

5 Likes

Thank you :blush: it is indeed hard. My mom is convinced I have to have a job where I can use everything I know. I really good at languages, art, history, biology, geography. But it is not what I want to do. She wants me to be a philologist, anything with languages :disappointed:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :yellow_heart: it not mean at all. I hope your dream will come true as well :yellow_heart: Who knows, maybe we will work together in future :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

That’d be amazing! And thank you so much. :blue_heart:
I hope your dreams will come true as well!

2 Likes

I really understand you. My dad wanted me to be a doctor and when I didn’t get the grades for that I was only allowed to do certain science courses. I really regret listening to him and not doing what I wanted to do or given myself the time to do more exploring because now I am in university and I am absolutely miserable. If you have to argue a lot to do what you want then argue away. Do what you want because at the end of the day, it’s your life not theirs. they’re not the ones who will be writing your exams and sitting through long boring classes, you are.

5 Likes

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope things will get better for you :heart::heart::heart::heart: Beautifully said :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Whatever you do, stay the f*ck away from music. Being a musician sucks.

1 Like

Your mother just wants the best for you. The road to a successful music and acting career is extremely rough and only so little people make it. When you have a plan B, you could start exploring music as a hobby and see if you can become good enough to make it out there.
Chasing your dream is wonderful, but you have to take into account what you’ll have to sacrifice to get there. The music business is merciless, one day you are a rising star and the next day there is someone better. People decide for you what you wear and where you go.
As for choosing a plan B, choose a study you can put your creativity in. Is there something besides singing you like to do? Anything in school you are really good at?
I always wanted to become a vet. When I was 16, my mother advised me to ask a vet for one day of “internship” and I found out that day I had a very romanticized version in my head and that being a vet was NOTHING like that. Eventually, I became a speech- and language therapist and pathologist. I love it! Singing and acting remain a hobby for me, I found out along the way I’m not good enough to make it into a career. Also I must add I wasn’t willing to give up everything to become better at it.
So maybe you can ask around and look at some different jobs by just coming along for a day or do some volunteer jobs? And besides that, you can get singing and acting lessons or join a nice theatre group?
Wishing you all the best!

4 Likes

Not to be rude, but why? I really enjoy music :musical_note: and I think that it is exiting job, you learn from the best, do what you love. People who don’t like it rarely work in this sphere

4 Likes