Who's Got Vegan Recommendations?

Not eating meat is super easy for me, I’ve been a no-eggs (unless I know the chicken) vegetarian for awhile, but I fucking love cheese and all the vegan cheese I’ve tried is trash (to be fair I’ve only tried Daiya - because vegan shit is expensive and I have bills). Any suggestions?

3 Likes

I’m not vegan but I’m a huge fan of tofu stir fry, I usually cut them into really thin slices and poke holes in them with a tooth pick so the seasoning can soak through easily. I’d usually marinate the slices and have them sit in a fridge overnight, soak them in sauce (or add it after) the next morning and fry them with sautéd vegetables. My favorite sauces would be teriyaki and sweet chili sauce

Similar to this process, I just find that with this method the middle is tasteless which is why i soak it in the sauce and marinate it. I also find that thin rectangular slices absorb much more flavour as opposed to cubes

Do not forgot to drain out the water and dry the tofu, like they did in the beginning. I prefer to use a towel instead of napkins and I also place a heavy book on top so the towel absorbs more liquid
2 Likes

I’ve been vegan for almost a year, so I can help you a lot.
If you ever want to spoil yourself try Chao cheese. The price depends on your area.
I don’t know if you have any allergies, but here are some random mainly vegetable meals, so you don’t have to pay for mock meats which are extremely expensive like you said.
Nachos. I use black beans, mushrooms, jalapenos, salsa, and vegan sour cream.
You could make cauliflower chicken wings if you aren’t allergic to cauliflower.
Loaded potatoes.
Spiralized vegetables for pasta.
A black bean burger.
Carrots fries also.

Look at Hot For Food for the Cauliflower Chicken Wings. Also Tasty for the Black Bean Burger.

If you want me ideas you can feel free to pm me.

3 Likes

I love tofu, it’s cheap and you can do a lot with it, have you had chorizo tofu crumbles? It’s my favorite thing for nachos, breakfast tacos, breakfast anything, tortas - I put that shit on everything.

2 Likes

I haven’t actually I might when I get some more tofu.

1 Like

That’s sounds cool all of this food talking makes me hungry I’m not vegan but i do dish different vegan dishes can you recommend some more i might make some at home.

Do you have any allergies? Or things you don’t like? Would you like to try mock meats or would you want to only eat plants?

1 Like

I don’t have any allergies and what is mock meat?
I try plants based food like beyond beef and morning star i used to eat black bean burgers i eat mainly chicken eggs and fish and avocado and cheese i can’t cut diary off toast for breakfast but i don’t eat red meat.

Mock meat is meatless meat. You could make:

• Stir fries
  • Roasted squash
  • Lasagna made from eggplant
  • Fajitas
  • Mushroom dumplings
  • Sushi, use avacado, zucchini, and carrots with rice.
  • Stuffed bell pepper with cheese, mushroom, and black beans
  • Spaghetti, I usually put broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion in it.
  • Sweet potato fries
  • Curry
  • Flautas
1 Like

Okay thank you so much i like eggplant i have to try the spaghetti you cook food at home or do take out more?

I eat mainly at home.

1 Like

:thinking: here’s some stuff my mom makes haha they’re all really good and hello fellow vegetarian :v:t3::relieved:

•roasted and cooked tomatoes with a tint of green cut jalapeño pepper and somak
•roasted cauliflower with some lemon juice and a bit of somak
•roasted eggplant with some somak as well
•Hummus with red hot pepper and green banana pepper with pita bread and some pickles.
•vegetable spaghetti. So basically u cook the bell pepper, or jalapeño pepper, add some mushroom and cook those as well. You can add whatever u want but I prefer anything making it spicy.

Lemme know if u need anything else!

2 Likes

Sounds good thanks @episode.lupita and @xetic definitely try these recipes i should do make more vegetarian dishes :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I just remembered that lentils exist. You could put those in spaghetti as a meatball substitute. I think you could even make them into a meatball. You can make a lentil soup with whatever vegetables you have and blend them.

1 Like

Okay thank you

1 Like

You can also use seitan, if it’s flavored right it works really well as a ground beef substitute, I use it for spaghetti Bolognese and burgers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.