Who's LGBTQ+ šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

1. Yeah itā€™s definitely different for me. Iā€™m friends with mostly girls so when I have a crush on a girl Iā€™m more comfortable around her (not that comfortable tho I still feel shy and stuff) but with guys itā€™s like ā€œomw how am I supposed to talk to him like what do guys even talk about how am I supposed to know he might not even be gay/bi??!ā€ But yeah it also has something to do with who youā€™re sexually attracted to as well, cause that makes the crush a little bit deeper if that makes sense? (this is just my opinion I have no idea how other bi people feel about this) anyway cause Iā€™m only sexually attracted to guys and romantically attracted to both genders so with girls I feel more a lovey dovey - hand holding - kindergarten crush type of feeling and with guys itā€™s more like a feeling of being speechless and etc.
  2. My first crush was the opposite sex. Iā€™ve had more girl crushes than guy crushes tbh.
4 Likes

Omg Same!!!

1 Like

To answer your comment in my country it is actually a sociological fact that is teach in school that gender is defined by multiple factors and how society perceive you is one of them. So I wonā€™t even take time to really get into an argument on your comment because itā€™s actually a proven fact in my country that gender identity isnā€™t defined by sex.

As for your comment for label I think itā€™s misinformed from your part to say people use labels without knowing what they mean since labels at least in the LGBTQ+ community are used by people to put a word on how they feel. So thereā€™s no wrong label. Label are there for you to reassure you and tell ā€œthis is okay to be like thatā€ to a lot of people that never felt like they belonged because of how they felt.
You want people to respect how you feel and how you think and your opinions but you donā€™t for others and their need for labels for example.

This last part is not about you but about people that make these types of comments toward labels in general. So donā€™t take it personally obviously Iā€™m making a generalization I have nothing against you per say. I am really sick of people thinking itā€™s okay to make these kind of claim and to try to tell people how it doesnā€™t make sense for people to care about labels or that we donā€™t know things. Iā€™ve even had people tell me it was because of people who cared so much about label that LGBTQ+ phobia was so huge in our society. Donā€™t tell us what to feel. Because thatā€™s the exact same thing that people who oppressed us did in the past, trying to influence our way to feel or to express ourselves. I get your point but seriously donā€™t except us to be okay with this and donā€™t try to blame us for reacting badly like ā€œyour easily offendedā€ and ā€œyouā€™re too sensitiveā€. Yeah of course but your comment can also be perceived as extremely rude. You have your part of responsibility in this.
If weā€™re too easily offended and too sensitive how come the others comments didnā€™t offend us ? I mean if you put this disclaimer you knew there could have been an issue with what you said. Just be real for two minutes about that.

All in all I think a lot of the things you said were extremely hypocritical. Iā€™m not even mad (especially because like I said itā€™s not really a you thing itā€™s just a recurring thing people said) Iā€™m just so fed up with this. You say you donā€™t care who we love or whatever but why do you give a shit about label. It doesnā€™t concern you just stop it. Sure you have the right to express your opinion I totally respect that and I have no issue against it but do it in a respectful way not accusing us (subtly or not) of being offended too easily, being too sensitive or not knowing what weā€™re talking about.

But I am not gonna lose more time on this because this is supposed to be a positive thread. Honestly if you want to talk about this and actually debate like adults Iā€™m free in my PM. Iā€™d genuinely love to hear what you say and answer my thoughts on it in a respectful way. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a lot you could learn from what I have to say and vice versa.

6 Likes

I completely agree! Also I hate how people are always telling me Iā€™m too sensitive itā€™s like excuse me being sensitive means I am a human with emotions and feelings and I am easily able to empathise with other people.

1 Like

Agreed but even then like itā€™s a two way road. I can admit I can be too sensitive okay but at least admit your comment is a bit insensitive in the first place. You canā€™t blame everything on us. Especially if you except us to understand you and respect your opinion. You gotta respect our reactions then.

Wait I am a bit confused? What did I do?

No not you x) itā€™s a general you. Iā€™m referring to the person who posted the first comment. Youā€™re fine. Sorry if it was confusing.

2 Likes

Whoops oh ok I get it now. Yeah what you said is very true

1 Like

Iā€™m not part of the lgbt+ community, but one of my rl friends is bisexual she realized when we were in 5th grade, it made her depressed knowing her parents probably wouldnā€™t accept her. But she is proud and I love her.

Lgbt+ community I support you guys :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Doh. U know. If u wanna make it a 100% positive thread - make a thread consisting of only your friends. And I was respectful. And people felt it. If you didnā€™t - itā€™s just only because you didnā€™t agree with my thoughts, which I kinda donā€™t care about.

If u wanna teach me smthg - please. I will gladly do. If only you have smthg usefull to teach,

2 Likes

I have something useful to teach that is why I proposed to you that we talk about it by PM. No I didnā€™t feel you were being respectful because you said if people didnā€™t agree with you thatā€™s because they were being too sensitive and offended too easily not because I disagree with your thoughts.
I thought the way you worded thing was hypocritical. You could agree with me if you worded things that way to someone whoā€™d disagree with both of us I would have still responded in the same way.

Iā€™m seriously not trying to pick up a fight thatā€™s why Iā€™d like for us to talk about it via PM.

3 Likes

If u feel like u wanna talk to me - sure. I will.
Regarding my speech - maybe i was insensitive. I donā€™t care. Because i treat people the way i donā€™t mind them treating me. That says it all

Did I already post here? Well too bad Iā€™m doin it again

Demiromantic Panromantic (Questioning Asexual)
Gender is demigirl for now :heart: Still trying to figure some stuff out

9 Likes

Bump! :rainbow_flag: :+1:t5: (Not part of the LGBT but still gonna give it a bump)

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been debating myself posting here. Some people say Iā€™m LGBTQ because I am asexual, butā€¦>.>

I donā€™t feel like I am part of this community. The reason why is because with a lot of ā€œcommunitiesā€ like this, a great amount of people involved discredit other people for thinking differently. Before I just come out and about claiming to be asexual, Iā€™m painfully obviously not the ā€œcorrectā€ thinker for these communities.

I donā€™t want to be associated with a community where there are people that do BOTH of these things:

1. No matter what group you belong in, Iā€™ve heard it from straight, bi, gay, lesbian, trans, everyone EXCEPT other aces that my sexuality isnā€™t real. Thatā€™s a ridiculous thing to be, isnā€™t it? A human with no sexual attraction or desire at all? Whatever. It doesnā€™t offend me, donā€™t get me wrong, I just get sick of hearing it and dealing with it, eyerolls, so I move on and live my life. Nothing changed in either party, theyā€™re just so sure that it is so naturally human and that Iā€™m so broken LOL!

and 2. If I express my right-wing opinions, I shouldnā€™t automatically be met with ā€œhomophobic, transphobic, heterophobic, panphobic, toucanphobic, humanphobic, phobic, phobic, phobic,ā€ and all that noise. If someone is gay and they want to be part of a community that is supposed to accept him for his sexuality, he shouldnā€™t be shamed and shoved out because he believes in capitalismā€¦Jesus!

A little more on "communities"

This actually bothers me so much more than the LGBT community. They do it, too, but they arenā€™t the only one. Theyā€™re just another example.

I donā€™t look black myself, but my dad does (and is), and when he expresses HIS right-wing opinions, which are far more right-wing than mine, he gets the brunt of this insult. ā€œHeā€™s not really black.ā€ I see this, and the first thing that comes to my mind is, ā€œOh. Itā€™s okay to be racist only if you donā€™t think like the majority of the same type of people doā€. It isnā€™t okay for a person to be treated like trash, we can all agree. It BAFFLES me that people can turn on their own group or community because they have a different set of opinions.

I think the idea of the LGBT community is a good one. Iā€™d love to get behind it, but until it fixes its own problems, I refuse to identify with them. My community for being asexual is AVEN. There are better, lesser known communities, I think, for everyone. When a community turns their hand away from their own people, I just canā€™tā€¦I canā€™t.

I had a couple friends in college who were LGBT, and one in particular often invited me to events. He knew I was right-wing and he was left-wing, but he wanted me to be part of the community with him. He understood me when I told him I couldnā€™t, and he really wanted me to try it. Maybe I should have, but I just wonā€™t. There needs to be more like him, theyā€™re far less known/abundant.

Iā€™m sorry if this post seemed hateful or negative in any way, that wasnā€™t the intention. Just my honest view and many other people that would otherwise be LGBT, by the way, about the problems with the community and why I and others like me donā€™t want to be part of it as it currently stands.

11 Likes

Iā€™m a proud bi/pansexual gal!

5 Likes

I really like what you wrote and how you explained everything! :clap::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I definitely see where you are coming from. It is important to be reminded that political parties are NOT synonymous with supporting or not supporting the LGBT community. As an Ace, obviously I believe in them as a real thing, but I have also experienced this a ton from the community. It hasnā€™t isolated me as much because I am romantically attracted to more than one gender, so they still donā€™t see me as ā€˜straightā€™, but it can be very hurtful. I am glad you have found a community you feel comfortable in, and even though it is certainly your choice to not include yourself in the LGBT community, I hope one day you feel comfortable enough to consider yourself a part of us, and that people will be understanding enough to make you feel welcome.

5 Likes

Love to you @JHW <3 <3 <3

And thank you @Brooklyn_Blade for understanding. <3

Yā€™all have no idea how somewhat nervous I was to write that. Iā€™m glad you get it and that you are comfortable in the community, too. <3

5 Likes

It takes a lot of courage to be able to express yourself like that so well done. Itā€™s ok to have different political opinions as long as everyone is being respectful.

3 Likes