Why can't we delete our posts?

I just went back to some old posts of mine to delete them but apparently I can’t? Some of those posts have only one answer, that doesn’t solve the problems, most of them are archived or closed, so why can’t we delete them?
We can’t change our username either, or is there a way?
I don’t want people I know irl to find me here, or find my old posts, so if I can’t delete them and can’t change my username what can I do?

1 Like

@Jeremy, @Sydney_H

1 Like

Anyone?

This is because the website is created that way I also don’t really understand why they did it this way

1 Like

You can delete it.

It says that I don’t have permission to?
I can delete my responses, but not a topic I created, and even that is limited. I deleted a few of them and now I have to wait 23hours to delete more

You can’t delete posts. You can maybe ask to get them unlisted (so people can’t see them)

1 Like

In order for this to happen the post’s would have to be flagged. And we all know how much the community loves flagging. Also since all of those post’s would have to be flagged in order to be hidden it would give the forum team an inaccurate representation of the users and make it look like they got their post’s flagged/deleted for violating the forum rules, which they didn’t…so I would not recommend it :exploding_head:.

The forum software used has a user trust level system that will unlock certain features over time (I think one of them being deleting own threads.) For more info check out this kb article here. :v:

2 Likes

I see, thank you for responding!

1 Like

oohhhh

Moved to Site Feedback since this is about the forum itself. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like