Why do some stories ask, "Would you like to support me?"

So in some stories I’ve read, at the end there is a choice that “asks would you like to support me?” I always click yes, but then it just says thank you. I was just wondering how this works.
:blush:

2 Likes

It’s a way for authors to get into the writer’s payments quicker because the “support me” choice is asking for the readers to click it, giving the author a “gem choice.” Basically, it’s a gem choice! Once the author gains enough “gem chapter reads,” they unlock the payments program.

6 Likes

Like Jenaco said, it’s a gem choice. Something like 80% of people don’t see gem choices when it’s in a user story, but it does still count towards the authors’ gem episode reads regardless of if you see the gem choice or not

7 Likes

So do you spend gems when you click on this?

2 Likes

From my understanding & from what Amber said, some people see it as a regular choice and no gems were spent while others see it as a gem choice?

4 Likes

Only if you see that it is a gem choice. Of it looks normal to you, no gems will be taken

4 Likes

Okay, so if it looks normal, it still counts as a gem choice for the writer payment program? Sorry a lot of questions :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. It gives authors a boost but doesn’t really make a difference to readers

5 Likes

Oh! Okay! That’s pretty cool, and a lot better than gem choices! Thank you both for clarifying!

3 Likes

@Nick you can close this :blush:

2 Likes

THANK YOU, I’ve been wondering for ages

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

Oops sorry about that!

2 Likes

Right?!? :rofl:

1 Like

Is there a specific template?

1 Like

I have no idea :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.