Why do stories with terrible grammar and English do so well on this app?

Stories like my skater lover, keeping him tight, Annabelle, living with the vampire brothers, my psycho, and many more stories with bad use of English are popular. Do people not care about this stuff?

8 Likes

Most of them are cliched and have short episodes so they’re bingeable. The generic love stories appeal to younger readers and they often get into the story quickly.
However, SPAG doesn’t matter to some people if the actual story is well written and directing is very good.

4 Likes

Really? For me it does matter because I have a hard time connecting to the story if I can’t understand what they’re trying to say.

4 Likes

It matters so me too, especially when people don’t put full stops at the end of sentences. But if a story is quick paced you can find yourself half way through the episode and not know it.

5 Likes

I haven’t read any of those, but I’m guessing they’re popular because: sex! If people have read them, correct me if I’m wrong. But fact is that sex sells and perfect grammar and spelling doesn’t lol

5 Likes

Some of them have pretty good directing which is probably the reason for their success, but I think the authors have English as a foreign language. I know a few of them do well because of what you said, though :joy:

3 Likes

I didn’t want to put it into words, but you’re right :joy:

2 Likes

Hahaha, I’ve actually started reading a few usual-trending stories because I felt bad for taking their spot last week in the ranks, and some of them are actually really great with directing AND SPaG… But I definitely know of a few that are all about the sex and don’t care about the spelling

4 Likes

Oh definitely, most of the stories in the trending section are there because the authors worked hard and have real talent.
Some are there because the authors worked hard and write about sex :joy:

3 Likes

Haha well If I HAD to choose between the two I would choose good writing over good directing any day because that’s how I can connect to the story and understand the characters but that’s just me.

3 Likes

I think that’s fine, no one should be forced to read something they can’t enjoy. There’s just no point. I need a mix of good writing and at least relatively error free directing so I can enjoy a story.

2 Likes

I’ve read most of them so I think:

Keeping Him Tight is popular because…keeping him tight
Annabelle has great directing and enjoyable storyline, I personally like it.
Living with vampire brothers: how can you even ask? :rofl: Vampires, multiple love interest, CC :woman_shrugging:t2:
My Psycho: I have no idea why this is popular so I’ll go with fanbase and directing

No hate to authors, it’s just romance stories that get popular. Others fail, lol.

3 Likes

I don’t really understand why stories with so many mistakes are popular either :thinking: Bad grammar is a pretty big pet peeve for me. I’m a native English speaker and sometimes I forget to put my commas in the right place or get a few homophones mixed up from time to time. So, I try to bear with it. Unless I see stuff like this:

i wants her su bad. she mades me su happie. i do not now wat i’d do if she gon.
Or
i likey the way he touch me. he su sexy. we gon be 2gether 4eva
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s time to go and press that little door button when I see this…:confused:

8 Likes

I have read My Skater Lover and I don’t recall it had terrible grammar, it was actually a pretty good story :blush: I haven’t read any of the other stories you mentioned, but I saw some other stories with really bad English doing good 🤷🏼

1 Like

A lot of the script felt unrealistic and unnatural to me so I just couldn’t continue no matter how good the directing is, but this is just my opinion.

Because people love it.

I hate it I get aggravated :rage::imp::fire::boom: I like grammar

2 Likes

Same, especially if it’s a genre/subject that I like! Same for directing too.

1 Like

I’m in Honor’s English so yeah, but if the directing sucks :unamused::unamused::unamused:.

1 Like

Funny thing is I read at the level of a college student, but atrocious directing sets me off

1 Like