Why do you write for Episode?

Okay, I know it’s kind of a random question but I was thinking a lot about it while reading topics like ‘what story would you like to read’ or ‘what plot will be interesting for you’ and so on. And it feels like people asking these questions are more concerned with getting reads then with writing itself. And, to be honest, I’m totally okay with it as long as they give us quality content.
But now I spent good 3 hours analyzing my own reasons to start writing for Episode and keep writing in general. So now I’m curious: why do you write (both fo Episode and in general)? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I don’t write outside of episodes but as odd as it sounds I enjoy writing the coding. I also enjoy my story the most. I read it as I write and laugh at my own stuff. It’s odd but true lol

4 Likes

I write because:

• It’s fun :rofl:
  • It’s uhh… fun :rofl:
  • It’s fun.

Yep, that’s it. I do ask these questions as well though, but not because I want my story to go viral, just so that I can check that it wouldn’t offend anyone, and that it would actually be interesting for other people.

7 Likes

I write stories because I enjoy it and I don’t write it for fame :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I write because I LOVE directing and making my imagination come to life. Episode is like the only platform that allows me to do that. I would consider myself more of a director than a writer. Coding is time-consuming and frustrating but at the end… it’s satisfying to see what came from my imagination becomes a reality :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I just started writing my story and it did take me a while to sit down and actually go on with it.
I started writing on episode because I have tried to actually write chapters on word before. But I just kept on thinking that I wasn’t that good of a writer so I would finish a few chapters and just give op after.
So when I discovered the creaters portal I was really excited because now I could visualize my story and people would actually read it. And i started and I thought I would never learn how to use all the codes. But here I am and I think I understand the most of it. And I really love coding and watching my ideas come to life.:grin:

5 Likes

yeah, I like coding to. I was horrified in the beginning but now it amazes me and I love to learn :slight_smile:
and it’s not odd, I giggle everytime I write. not a good sign as I’m writing drama though haha

3 Likes
  • I was reading Pretty Little Liars on the app and getting really annoyed that my choices kept getting rejected… Once I saw you could write your own, I figured I could write something better than that.
  • I was so bored at work. So so bored.
12 Likes

Honestly, I love/started writing stories for episode because I want my readers to walk away with that…not really sure how to explain it happy/sad/satisfied/emotional feeling. you probably have no idea what I’m talking about :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I can bring my ideas and imagination to LIFE.:laughing:
Plus I hate work.

4 Likes

I love how codinig makes my brains work. My job is pretty monotonous and boring, so I do enjoy coding a lot. But I see your love to directing. I did write before, but this is whole new experience!

I always have this feeling while writing, that’s why none (almost) of my friends ever read my stories. I feel really insecure about it. And I’m happy you find this place. I love that this community is very welcoming. I guess it will help you stay motivated. Hope to read your story one day!

That’s the true reasons to most of my hobbbies haha Did you ever write before Episode?

5 Likes

No :laughing: Creative writing was my worst English subject hahahah. Essays? Yay. Stories? Boo. I’m not very good at being descriptive lol.

7 Likes

I think I do understand what you’re talking about :slight_smile: It does feel good to be able to give people those emotions with your writing. To me it feels like after emotions I’ll be able to transfer my ideas through writing.

4 Likes

I’ve been writing since like 12 (and I’m really ashamed of stuff I wrote back then haha). But I normally did it in my native language, so now I feel like a baby making first steps again haha

4 Likes

Same here, this is my first time actually writing something in english and I hope my grammar is okay haha.

4 Likes

I’m attempting to. :joy:

I do it because I enjoy it & I want others to enjoy it as well. It’s really fun for me & keeps me busy & I write when I’m feeling down, it kind of just puts me in a happy mood, i guess, being able to create & do anything, my own story. Sounds cheesy but idk lol.

I’m taking it seriously to because I really do care about my story & I don’t do it for the fame or whatever. (I mean I’ve literally been working for 3 months on my story and I’m still only on chapter one LMAO because I keep restarting & the furthest I got was to chapter 2 but then I restarted once again because I want it to be perfect.)

6 Likes

I like writing in general because it’s nice to get my ideas out of my head and into an actual storyline. And I write for Episode to put the story somewhere. :heart:

3 Likes

Cause I have a random spark of inspiration and why not put it down here.

6 Likes

Hello @yulia, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: Moved this to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

2 Likes

Because whenever I read a really really good story, I get this like renewing feeling, and I love to try to give it back; it’s like trying to say, the feeling is mutual in a cycle. And I like to make my characters laugh at my own jokes lol.

4 Likes