Why do you write for Episode?

I’ve been writing since like 12 (and I’m really ashamed of stuff I wrote back then haha). But I normally did it in my native language, so now I feel like a baby making first steps again haha

4 Likes

Same here, this is my first time actually writing something in english and I hope my grammar is okay haha.

4 Likes

I’m attempting to. :joy:

I do it because I enjoy it & I want others to enjoy it as well. It’s really fun for me & keeps me busy & I write when I’m feeling down, it kind of just puts me in a happy mood, i guess, being able to create & do anything, my own story. Sounds cheesy but idk lol.

I’m taking it seriously to because I really do care about my story & I don’t do it for the fame or whatever. (I mean I’ve literally been working for 3 months on my story and I’m still only on chapter one LMAO because I keep restarting & the furthest I got was to chapter 2 but then I restarted once again because I want it to be perfect.)

6 Likes

I like writing in general because it’s nice to get my ideas out of my head and into an actual storyline. And I write for Episode to put the story somewhere. :heart:

3 Likes

Cause I have a random spark of inspiration and why not put it down here.

6 Likes

Hello @yulia, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: Moved this to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

2 Likes

Because whenever I read a really really good story, I get this like renewing feeling, and I love to try to give it back; it’s like trying to say, the feeling is mutual in a cycle. And I like to make my characters laugh at my own jokes lol.

4 Likes

I like the problem and solution part of coding, and also because whenever I write, I there’s a certain way I want to characters to be looking like, and it’s hard to write it all like you think it in your head when writing with no animation or pictures. This was like a way to do just that.

3 Likes

For me, writing on episode is a rewarding hobby that brings me great joy. I love troubleshooting when something in my directing code isn’t working and the creative outlet of storytelling through this unique platform.

4 Likes

Well, while I was reading stories I was just getting this feeling/excitement to write stories.

2 Likes

I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember and writing an Episode story is nice because of the visuals. I used to be heavily involved in the modding scene for a few games (Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights & Icewind Dale) so Episode instantly appealed to be because it’s “basically” the same thing, just not as advanced as you don’t need your Episode story to function in an already existing game.

But I write for my own enjoyment and I need that creative outlet to function. I can’t draw or play guitar (wish I could) but I can write.

4 Likes

I write because I enjoy it and I need to make my creativity flow somewhere :joy::joy: I write on Episode because I love seeing my ideas come to life as movies :blush:

5 Likes

I write on episode because I love putting overlays and creating the characters as I like.
And I writing also is fun.

1 Like

Idek why I write a story on episode (not publish BTW)

Maybe because I just wanna try things out since I’ve been reading episode since 4 years now. And I do have passion writing stories. I actually try to be really creative about my story or else I could get insecure about it.

I suck at describing things when it comes to narrative thingy but I’m always practicing, I think its gotten better.

2 Likes

I write for resume hehe. The coding experience you gain is good enough because nowdays computer skills are a must. Episode coding is a stepping stone to actual coding. This is a useful skill in the working world later on.

I love writing too and wanted to try something new. I wanted to bring something new to the platform. Like I keep seeing same ideas irrespective of people trying to un cliche an idea, it… is still cliche so I wanted to bringforth originality and creativity to the table. I wanted to spread my message, of morals and virtue and lessons learnt about values and other cultures (Asian ones to be specific because it is barely represented or wrongfully represented). I also wanted to challenge myself by writing on Episode and gaining new experiences.

4 Likes

I mainly write to –

• Get a momentary escape from the real world filled with endless problems.
  • Improve my vocabulary and grammatical skills.
  • Get social with other people in this huge platform.
  • Spread positive messages through my stories and hope that it makes a much needed difference in the society.
  • Let my creativity and passion flow which is usually shunned down by people in my real life who don’t bother with my ideas and beliefs.
6 Likes

I started writing because I read some pretty awesome and some pretty crappy stories and I was curious if I could make something half crap, I guess? First I didn’t want to publish, it was just a personal challenge (to my creativity?), but then I realized I could actually publish because:

• it’s possible that I won’t have any readers at all
  • if I have readers, maybe they will enjoy it so why not

I love writing, it’s fun to come up with random ideas then actually create something from them. I don’t do outlining so I can get weirdly excited about my own story like “Hm where am I going with this?", "What will I come up with this time?”
And of course it’s really motivating to know that I’m not the only one who may be interested :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I wasn’t much of a writer years ago, then I had this weird dream which basically inspired me to put it into a story, which took me awhile to decide what to do but then I refound episode. After reading several stories I decided that was the platform I wanted to put it on.

I’m loving the writing process, the coding can be tedious but I’m loving it, seeing my creations come to life is awesome.

I’ve read different gang/mafia stories which I noticed the similar thing happening with most is the girl and mafia leader always seem to fall in love, the girl betrays, they get married and have kids. So I have decided to create one I want to read myself which I’m currently working on and isn’t published yet.

3 Likes

I love the writing process but can never figure out how to begin or end it. I always have something worked out for the middle, I know exactly how I want to do it, but the beginning? I’m constantly going back and changing it.

1 Like

I write for episode because it’s fun. I write in general because you can really express certain things on a page or an episode story. I probably have 100 journals including digital journals :joy: and writing and creating episode stories does take a lot of time and patience but it’s fun and a good way to spend your time writing and reading them. Hope this makes sense. :blush:

2 Likes