Why does Miss MJ make her female characters SO WEAK

I am more worried about teachers wanting to have relations with their students. That is never something to be encouraged.

12 Likes

It’s creepy both ways :S

1 Like

Is the MC in high school in that story? Please say no, please say no

3 Likes

Oh yes, she is.

3 Likes

In The Teacher? Yes. She’s 18 or 19, but she’s in high school. I believe she was younger in the classic version? But I never read it so someone correct me if I’m wrong lol.

7 Likes

From what I remember, she is 18 in the Ink, and now LIMELIGHT, versions. Creating a story in three different styles seems rather sad to me.

8 Likes

she defends her story by saying that they didn’t kiss until mia graduated high school and that there are the 2 other love interests but its still a ridiculous story with a stupid concept. Her other story femme fatale is much more original and not problematic so I don’t know why she’s so hell bent on writing about teacher romances when she had better stories lol

6 Likes

yeah right lmao I couldn’t agree more :rofl:

1 Like

Teacher x Student is always gonna be wrong so like
why

4 Likes

Oh dear God. Not saying that her being a college student justifies it, but it is better than a high school student.I remember when I was in high school and the mere thought of being in a relationship with someone that much older than me is revolting, especially at that age. Why are authors promoting this? Especially to their readers who are at such an impressionable age. Why are they normalizing a 30+ year old man being interesting in a CHILD. I don’t care if she’s legal, she is still a child.

8 Likes

I’ll say I don’t agree with the implication that lack of sexual experience=weakness, but if her stories are what’s making that correlation, yeah that sucks. I’ve only ever sped through a few of her chapters for gems as the subject matter doesn’t much appeal to me.

I’m not saying that. I think she does make this correlation because she mentions a lot of how riccardo can get anyone he wants and charlotte is insecure about being inexperienced. It gives Riccardo a lot of power in the relationship as if it’s just him who decides to be with charlotte and not a two way street. And she did the same thing with trey and callie and sierra and Jonah.

3 Likes

That’s fair. With the way your OP was worded, I just wanted to make sure, as there wasn’t really any qualifying statement attached to “MCs are always virgins” being listed as a complaint. I get what you mean now, though.

As for the teacher…

That’s a bizarre defense, as I believe the other love interests are also in their twenties if I recall correctly. One was still in high school, so I’m not sure what his deal was (he was like 21 for some reason?), but the doctor LI was definitely even older than the teacher.

2 Likes

I just remembered Miss MJ said that Sierra is the strong female mc everyone wants. She said something along the lines of “she doesn’t hold her mouth and doesn’t let anyone talk for her” or something

2 Likes

And some of yall stop confusing Miss Monarch with Miss MJ. Disgusting!

I don’t like The Teacher but seriously… Comparing her to Miss MJ…??

9 Likes

I can see why :skull:

3 Likes

What makes a “weak” character

2 Likes

It’s definitely more subjective than some people acknowledge. I personally think it’s a matter of weak character development. Everyone realistically has weaknesses, and it’s fine for a character to have trouble standing up for themselves to a realistic extent (keeping in mind that even the most mild-mannered people still have a breaking point) but it’s another thing entirely if someone writes female characters with almost all the same qualities and no emotional depth who exist for a male MC’s purposes only. That’s weak character development, and I think that’s the root of what’s being discussed here.

16 Likes

I recall getting bored of Miss MJ tales because there were 0 choices … ever. You just tap through every single episode.

4 Likes

I agree MOSTLY.
But, did you miss Alexandra Bailey?! She proves that whole topic wrong! I love how you didn’t include Sofia because she also proves your topic wrong because she had a job. I’m sure many women are housewives and there’s nothing wrong with not with not wanting to be involved with the mafias if that’s what you think makes them weak.

4 Likes