Why does this happen to authors?

At this point, I might just end my Episode life sooner because there’s a long of discouragement that I get. I may not be the only author who has this problem, but I have an issue. Anytime a person can discourage an author means that they don’t understand how challenging writing can be. Especially when an author gets writer’s block; that is not a good feeling. Why does it seem like every time an author releases a story, a few readers always think it’s okay to hurt them with hate comments? I’m a bit fed up with that because it stop authors from doing what they love doing, which is writing.

7 Likes

most suck. i have not got any myself. worst i have gotten is a few pointing out my grammer. which they dont need to say cause i did make it clear i am dyslexia. what they are doing is like telling a person with glasses should get glasses

also . i hate the mean tone. there is no reason to be rude to others.

2 Likes

Don’t let them get you down. Just ignore them. They feed on your responses: if you don’t react at all, they will (figuratively) starve to death.

8 Likes

boom.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but people don’t have to be nice to you just because you’re a writer. You still have to be responsible for the things you say and do in the Episode community. Lots of us are writers, so we understand how hard it can be! But people will always call out others when they say things they don’t like.

7 Likes

Agree. It’s gonna happen whether you want it or not.

2 Likes

Tbh I don’t understand the entitlement. Sure there are always going to be mean fans in your fanmails, but that’s just what happens! It’s nothing to do with whether they understand how hard it is to be a writer or not. Some people are just mean. And no one has to be nice to each other because “writing is hard”.

We’re all in this together and we are all gonna struggle with fanmails and other, more fair discouragement when we say things that people don’t like.

8 Likes

Mainly because some writers are just as rude as the readers. Or just anyone else.:woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Ahhhh… the struggles of being an author🤦🏽‍♀️ rude fan mail sucks.

And we can’t expect people to praise us just because we chose to write! It might take a lot of time, but most people can write a story. We should get praised for writing amazing stories :blush: and not expect it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Just ignore them. If they hate your stories, oh well… just don’t read it.

2 Likes

Well said :heart:

But what exactly do you mean by discouragement? Who’s discouraging you and how?!

1 Like

To be honest, I’ve always been discouraged ever since I started writing my first story at the end of 2015 in 2016… I was about 15 when I wrote my first story. I just hate comments that discourage me and unmotivate me to write because I’ve been writing since I was 12 years old; it’s what I love doing. Having people telling you that you’ll never get anywhere with your story or that your stories suck, is a bit of discouragment.

1 Like

But what kind of discouragement?

1 Like

May I ask what do you mean?

Are there any themes that come up? What do people criticise? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My writing style.

I’d take it as a learning opportunity! It’s easy to dismiss and get upset over fan mail, but if there are quite a few saying the same things, take it as a free lesson on how to improve

4 Likes

Yeah.