Why does this happen to authors?

Because people suck.
Of course, there’s a difference between constructive feedback and hateful comments, but those who are leaving hateful comments are likely just bullies who enjoy tearing people down.
For example- I posted one of my stories on the social feed and someone decided to reply “Your story is sh*t”. When I asked them why, they couldn’t clarify so I’m going to bet that they never read it :rofl::woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

I completely agree with you. Some readers call themselves giving constructive criticism when their comments just come off as being rude.

We live in the Troll Age
It’s just people with too much time on their hands trying to get a reaction.

8 Likes

I’m writing my second story now. I’ve met some of the good authors like jmiley she’s helped me out big time

Because people are entitled assholes who think the world revolves around them. Only advise is don’t feed the trolls just ignore them if they don’t like your story then there more then welcome not to continue reading. And constructive criticism is a very good thing but majority don’t do it a lot just go I hate your story without any information and don’t give any positives.

1 Like