Why is episode banning peeps?

So, I have a personal (meaning: mine, beloning to the user ELx, you don’t have to agree) opinion on why they were banned

I believe they were banned for something else, and not forum violations. I have reasons to believe this considering one of them did not receive an answer back for days (and there’s no answer still). And the email claims that they tried to talk it with them, and the individual never changed: that didn’t happen. They were never contacted.

Regardless, being banned for the flags of 8 months when the forums have been running for more than a year is fishy, to me. Meaning my opinion.

The reasoning is just forum violations, nothing else stated. To me, banning someone from the platfrom because of forums seem extreme. Just my opinion though :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

I kid u not I don’t know the rules I just respond to topics

3 Likes

Yea, I was like that too. In fact, many people don’t know about the forum guidelines.

2 Likes

But it seems like you’re banning members who make significant contributions to the community.

7 Likes

Hey @Jeremy how can a user get platform banned?

1 Like

I don’t want to imply anything or start more conspiracies, but let me state the obvious: The one thing all 3 of them have in common is that they started their own explicitly inofficial Episode forums. Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but people will keep wondering. :disappointed:

By making this comment you know it’s gonna do nothing but start even more rumors. So in an effort to immediately debunk this, no, not one user has ever been banned from the forums for creating their own forum. I would go as far as to say that we actually encourage the community to create their own content and share their wealth of Episode knowledge outside of the official forums :smiley: :v:

7 Likes

As you already know and have pointed out, we cannot discuss other user’s bans/suspensions. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m sorry. I’m just confused and I know said person isn’t getting any answers either :confused: it just seems so complicated and I personally feel like the information we’ve got is contradictory. Sorry!

2 Likes

All I can say is…

The_Truth_Is_Out_There_tagline

Is there anyone that people can contact if they’re banned, they don’t know why and they aren’t getting replies?

2 Likes

Yup, they can follow all the instructions that they were already given upon suspension.

4 Likes

I didn’t see any instructions myself, but I’ll ask them. Would it be better to DM you about this?

1 Like

Thx for your answer, but are you sure that everyone behind Episode feels like that? As you said, there is more to the company than just the Forum Team, and I can only hope that your superiors are 100% honest and open with you. Only a thought.

2 Likes

That’s because you have nothing to do with the suspension. Honestly there is nothing further to discuss as (you already know) we can only discuss this with the suspended user. Thanks :v:

2 Likes

Tbh I was just replying to topics and didn’t read the guidelines well I sort of did but like I just skim so…
Lmao I’m just still so confused

1 Like

This can be applied to any company or business in the world. So taking this comment with a grain of salt :wink: .

3 Likes

I did see the email :confused: and I don’t think said person knows what the instructions are

1 Like

confused about what?

1 Like

Idk everything :sob::sob:
I’m a very confused ghost :sob:

1 Like