Why is Episode so hard? 😩

community
general
communication

I started my story like last Friday and I kinda finished my first chapter, but I need to add customization and the name thing. If you’re one of those really talented writers that make Episode stories like an actual movie, I RESPECT YOU! YOU ARE AMAZING AND I DON’T THINK I’LL EVER MAKE AN EPISODE AS GOOD AS YOU!
Anyway, this thread is just for me to ask any questions abt editing and stuff. It would be great if y’all could help me!

9 Likes

I can try:)

1 Like

Dude, I totally feel you! As frustrating as it is, don’t worry because you’re going to look back in the end and be super proud! I’ve been an author on this app since 2016 (I know, a long time) and there has been so many roller coasters, but trust me, you’ll get through it! If you have any questions or just want to talk, you can contact me on instagram @kathrynstoriess (it’s my new insta hehe):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thank you <3

Thank you so much! :heart:

Don’t give up, and you’ll get there!

3 Likes

Feel free to check my thread out

2 Likes

I can help if you need it!

1 Like

I’ll be happy to help. If you have any questions. Shoot me an @ :wink:

2 Likes

Thank u!!!

Thanks! I’ll check it out!

What questions do you have? I’d be happy to help you.

1 Like

Writing on episode will take work, patience, and a good attitude! You can test some directing out before trying the real thing. There’s lots to offer on the episode writers portal so it’s fun to experiment! If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us, and we will be willing to help you! From the way you act, I think you have great potential to be an amazing episode writer! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Episode is a huge learning curve. I remember that back when I started writing (2017), I used to have to ditch chapters if they had a mistake in them because 9 times out of 10, I just couldn’t figure it out! It was usually when a bracket was missing from choices within choices. But once you get used to it, the coding becomes pretty easy! You just need to wait for the moment when it all clicks for you. It took me about 6 months

1 Like

Do you need help with customization? I can give you the template for the name customization and character customization.

1 Like

Episode is really hard to get used to writing on. I can’t jmagine how overwhelming it must be for a newcomer with all of the new stuff you have to learn all at once. Take all the time you need to learn the directing. Don’t rush and don’t give up. You’ll get it eventually! By eventually I mean it may take several months, and that’s ok.

1 Like

True. It took me a few months to get the hang of everything, and I understand most code by now, but it did take lots of time, especially if you don’t have any experience coding.

I can help you anytime you have questions! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hello!! I saw your thread and I just wanted to tell you…
If you ever need help with anything episode, maybe you should try watching Joseph Evans tutorials on youtube here’s the link to his channel: https://youtube.com/user/AuthorJosephEvans

He has great tutorial videos for newcomers to episode. I’ve watched almost every video by him and he’s one of the only reasons, why I know how to code on episode at all. Also, try searching for what you need on google…I’m pretty sure you’ll find a thread on the forum, that can help you.

Take your time and be kind to yourself. You’ll find your grove and before you know it, you’ll be a pro! :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank uuu!