Why is Episode so hard? đŸ˜©

I don’t have any questions rn since I haven’t had any time to write. Thank uuu tho! I’ll ask when I have any questions :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Omg thank u so much! That really made me feel a little bit more confident :blush::heart:

1 Like

Thank u! Tbh when I was writing my first chapter I was like dang I’m doing pretty good so far, but then I see an episode with like super cool edits and I’m like nvm I’m not doing good at all

Omg yes, that would be very helpful! Thank u so much!

Thank u! That really helped boast my confidence! :heart:

I know right! Darn those really amazing episode writers with cool effects and stuff! Looking at an episode and being like??? How did you do that or that must have taken years! A lot of it is just time and “happy accidents” that they learned from trial an error. I wish there was a forum for people to post cool tricks they learned from writing episodes that other people could use themselves. Like I read a story where the last thing the writer did is tell us how she did the effects in her story. That was super cool of her. Another one used animations and she gave us the overlays she used and the code which was dope af. I just wish more people were willing to share their secrets like that.

1 Like

Yeh I don’t really have any experience coding so it was hard at first, but I’m kinda getting the hang of it! Thank you! I’ll make sure I ask if I have any questions!:heart:

1 Like

Thank u so much! I acc learned the basics from Joseph Evans! His videos were super helpful!

Yeh. Rn I don’t really understand the concept of overlays :pensive: It seems very complicated so I’m trying to avoid it as much, but I bet there is going to be a time where I will have no other choice than to use overlays :sob:

1 Like

Don’t worry too much about advanced directing! Make sure you’ve got the basics 100% down before you go any further. A good story with basic directing looks much better than a story that tried and failed to do crazy complex stuff

1 Like

@prxncess16 Well if you ever need help with overlays you can always message me I love working with overlays :heart:

1 Like

Aww you’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

Thank u again! :heart:

Alright! Thank u so much! :revolving_hearts:

It is hard, but it gets easier as you learn! You will see, don’t give up! :smiley:
This forum is full of helpful people to help you with your errors and questions :smile: don’t be afraid to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I feel a lot better knowing I have ppl to help me whenever I need help :):heart:

1 Like

Name:
NARRATOR
So
 what’s your name?
label first_name_input
input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(NAME)
if (NAME is “”) {
NARRATOR
You do need a name.
goto first_name_input
} else {
continue
}
NARRATOR
So
 what’s your last name?
label last_name_input
input What’s Your Last Name?|What’s Your Last Name?|Done(NAME)
if (NAME is “”) {
NARRATOR
You do need a last name.
goto last_name_input
} else {
continue
}

If it doesn’t show up on preview don’t worry because it only works on mobile

For customization:
Scroll down on your right to where it says “Script Templates” and use Female 6 or Male 6 (because it’s the most updated customization) and just click on it!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :heart:

Writing on episode certainly is harder than simply writing a book, since you need to learn how to do the directing and improve your writing. Keep trying, despite it being a challenge, you will get there in the end, and have a story to be proud of. :yellow_heart: :sparkling_heart: :gift_heart:

1 Like

It is harder than writing a story, but it’s a lot of fun! Thank you for the words of encouragement :slight_smile:

1 Like