Why is everything so strict?

yeah same :sweat_smile:

i get that to an extent but agree to disagree lol. let’s just ivy becomes a success and both apps still maintain a pretty solid following :confounded:

i believe it will. maybe not a success but I think it’ll get a fair amount of downloads.

1 Like

not a bad idea…or before you actually get the app or something like that . like i don’t think ivy is a terrible idea…but if actual teens that know about everything “mature” you can think of can’t use it and we have to stay on this"baby" app then rip episode is gonna lose a large following because most users are in the 13-16 range

1 Like

same here. there are a lot of 18 and up writers that would love this app

1 Like

I’m 15, so I’m in the 12-16 age range, and I would gladly stay on episode and a lot of other teenagers would too. Not all of us consider episode a “baby app” just because it’s against the guidelines to have explicit mature scenes in every episode.

6 Likes

I’m not in the 13-16 area or the +18 up
I will say, as a 17 year old, ivy makes me uncomfortable not because it’s mature
But because it’s marketed as a sexual app. I will probably never look at ivy because of that
And personally I’m not really into pixels getting it on
The main thing for me is I understand the guidelines but I don’t view this as a “baby app”
I’m not going to leave to the Ivy app just so the curse words are uncensored :joy:
For me I’m okay with them upping the guidelines but at the same time I think they should continue allowing things like mature language with warnings
This is just my opinion tho-

7 Likes

i completely agree this how i feel too and im 15 turning 16 sooo im in a weird between both. i wouldn’t hop on ivy just so i have read extremely sexual things :sob: but i do think episode itself should so some changes to it’s guidelines so it’s a bit more clear it. like with the whole censor thing if i just warned you that it contains mature themes and strong language…why am i censoring my words :sob: idk that’s just how i feel. and if ivy doesn’t even have community writers and stories that’s even more reason to not ever look at that app lol

4 Likes

me too- i would download ivy if it wasn’t marketed as a sexual app…and plus my parents have that thing where the apps i download go onto their phones too so that wouldn’t be good💀

2 Likes

same here man my parents would skin me alive if they found out i was reading stuff like that :sob:

1 Like

fr!! like even if i told my parents i wasn’t reading the sexual stuff they wouldn’t believe me and would do a whole search on my phone for anything else-

i mean i dont have anything else like that but there are literally games that im not supposed to have bc i got too addicted to them sooo

1 Like

Ivy could’ve been great in idea
But mature doesn’t have to be sexual but they clearly marketed it as such and aiming for that particular audience so for the people like me who are a little bit older but not into that sexual jazz are just kinda in this middle ground
I definitely think episode needs to figure something out with the guidelines so it can be open but properly ruled over and regulated

5 Likes

Ivy is gonna be an adult app, so there can be Sex, and I guess blood, violence and stuff like that. I can’t wait for it to come out and watch some real horror stories and action with guns and blood

2 Likes

agreed !

1 Like

exactly!! im in that age group where episodes guidelines feel a little too strict, but there’s probably no way i’m gonna move to ivy. they could’ve said it was a more mature app, but of course they had to make it about sex

2 Likes

right man this whole things a freakin mess :sob:

1 Like

fr :skull::skull: i hope none of my favorite stories will move to ivy (if they get the option to write on it)

1 Like

Same here. I feel like people assume someone who isn’t into the intense sexual content that Ivy has, it means they are just young. I’m a young adult. I can assure everyone s*x doesn’t bother me. It’s the lack of consent among other things that is off-putting. And, the fact that, a lot of people are trying to come over to Ivy with their story that broke guidelines on episode. It scares me a bit.

It’s definitely far from a baby app.

I agree with this. I feel like some of the revised guidelines don’t make much sense or whereas it’s a grey-area which doesn’t help with trying to figure out what you can and cannot do (in some areas.)

6 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think the guidelines are all that strict. Certain stories still get away with writing/directing awful & harmful scenes. It’s the readers who call out problematic themes. The recent stories that got removed were not removed “for little things” - they had very harmful and disgusting material in them. Stories are getting reported and removed because they are simply bad/offensive.

If the author was so hardworking they’d revamp/fix/edit, do anything to fix their stories and most of the them get the chance to change it, but some authors don’t and it creates a bigger mess.

Episode stories should not be your exposure point to certain explicit topics. Especially if you are 13-14, you should not be exposed to harmful tropes, that’s the big issue.

5 Likes

yuppp