Why is LL harder to write?

You two are cheaters… :joy::joy:

(I actually made a spot sheet for INK, which is very useable on every background, I’ll share it when I access my computer. It has about 5 different spots and an understanding of the spot directing… So, Im a cheater as well? :laughing:)

2 Likes

Seriously, there are so many animations!
Some of them are kinda funny too :joy:
Like:

walk_baby_angry_loop

THAT EXISTS ^^^

3 Likes

It’s not cheating. It’s called being efficient :joy:
Why waste time directing something every single time when you can memorise certain things and be lazy?

3 Likes

:joy::joy: Actually my latest way around this has been to use close-up zooms on whoever is speaking… (another reason I find LL kinda awkward to direct is when the person who’s not talking in the scene just looks like they’re frozen in the end of an animation like a serial killer or they just look stone cold and emotionless, so my zooms defeat both of these problems)

2 Likes

What everyone else said, the animations are the wonkiest. That was my biggest issue w/ LL because you have to always put some kind of idle stop (or at least I did out of annoyance) bc a lot of the animations run on a loop.

Same w/ the height of the guys, I had to change it around even when they walked in at default sizes.

Ink is def much easier to write in.

1 Like

You could always use the animation catalog, you just switch between tabs which isn’t as annoying as directing the story every single time.

still annoying though.

Omg, I forgot about zooming to face! I never use timed in zooms in dialogues because it looks soooooo bad. Especially in LL since the animation is looping :tired_face:

1 Like

HAHAHAHA! Sometimes I just let the loop play if I’m going to zoom in on someone else

2 Likes

For me, it’s a couple of things.

The sheer number of LL animations, for one. There are so many that are subtly different and a nightmare to look up if you forget them.

Second is definitely the timing of animations. Everyone in LL moves slower when they do an animation. For me, I like to have characters react to something another character’s said halfway through the talking animation, which means doing something like this:

&pause for 0.4 THEN CHARACTER1 is ll_animation

CHARACTER2 (talk_neutral)
Blah blah blah

But because the characters move a lot slower, it’s much more difficult to make it look like the character is reacting naturally — not too fast or too slow — because you get more of a sense of timing with LL

Third, definitely the lack of script templates. CC script templaces for INK might be really limited, but they’re a lifesaver.

Fourth is definitely what other people have said: you spend a lot more time adding in animations because so, so many of them loop.

Fifth is very similar to one above: the animations are slower, so the chapters take longer to do the same things. Lots more time spent on reviewing the chapter.

Then there’s something else someone mentioned: the guys are shorter than the girls, which can look super weird and takes a lot more spot direction. All of my characters have different heights, anyways, so I do spend a lot of time spot directing, but this is a lot more.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

3 Likes

Honestly. It lags too, and there’s not enough happy animations.

1 Like

quite easy… all are the same… except for their animations… other than that all styles same coding etc. I’m doing all in 1 story so i know lol…

1 Like

Probably because INK users are used to the INK animations, not the LL animations.