Why is this a thing?

Why do people love making latino characters gangsters? So many stories have this trope. Search up “Latin” or “gang” in the search bar and you will see gang latino stories. Same thing goes to Italians. Just…why?

2 Likes

frrrr, some ppl like to add on the stereotype that only Mexicans can or did run mafias.
Smh the same goes for the stereotype that ppl who are Latin have drug problems. If ppl want to write a mafia story can they do their research and maybe base it off of the gangs in Europe?? :sweat:

3 Likes

Yeah! I bet these writers ain’t even Mexican or italian!

omg that’s why none of the stories are accurate :sweat::sweat: they just write it so they can add steamy scenes in or somethin

1 Like

They have a fetish for latinos. Like, they think that latin = sex lover. NO! I myself am Mexican, and haven’t even flirted ONCE!

1 Like

smh, Im West Indian but I’ve done my research on these gang stuff and nothing any of these authors wrote about is correct. THEY’RE SO H*RNY LMAOOOO

1 Like

“The Latina Vampire Gang” actually sounds like a bad parody. I realise that it’s most likely supposed to be serious but geezus. What a title :no_mouth:

2 Likes

:eyes: the dark side of episode

2 Likes

Lmao!

1 Like

Oof Darth Vader jealous

1 Like

ahahaha he would be

1 Like

I completely agree. Although I don’t think their intent is to offend, I do think it comes from lack of knowledge on the subject :sweat_smile: . I think they aren’t aware on how it could come off as offensive by writing about these stereotypes.

1 Like

Yeah, they are just either uneducated or dont know much about latinos.

1 Like

yeah, that’s tru. I’m sure they have no clue that the stereotypes they’re perpetuating are harmful.

2 Likes

Even episode themselves with “Venomous”

1 Like

Yeah, i honestly steer away from gang/mafia related stories now a days.

Also I don’t know why people usually do Latinos, like no offense but when I usually think of gangs I think of black people. (Mainly because of all the shows my mom watches) & I am black myself, so pls don’t try to call me out as racist

2 Likes

I stand with our point. Overall having a specific race/ethnicity associated with criminals and gang members is just … :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

gulity