Why is this happening?

Hi everyone, please can someone help me? In this scene I am trying to cut to a zoomed in area of a scene but all I get is this and the guy is never where I want him to be, please help if you can :blush::blush::blush:

Can you post your script?

Is this enough of the script, or would you like to see the whole scene?

JOHNNY (talk_neutral_loop)
Billy, you wait here with Baby, keep her company while I go talk to Kiara.

@BILLY is listen_nod_neutral_loop
@JOHNNY walks to screen center in zone 1 AND BILLY walks to screen center in 2
@JOHNNY spot 0.874 188 71 in zone 1 AND JOHNNY faces right AND BILLY is talk_sad_serious_loop
@cut to zone 1 AND zoom on 320 207 to 192% in 0 AND KIARA spot 0.875 299 56 in zone 1 AND KIARA faces left AND KIARA is idle
@speechbubble is 149 401 to 100% with tail_bottom_left

How is she?

Here is the whole scene, just in case?

@transition fade out black in 2
INT. WINE CELLAR - NIGHT
@transition fade in black in 2
@KIARA changes into KIARA_default
@PENNY changes into Penny Halter Top and Shorts
@PENNY spot 0.875 545 294 AND PENNY faces right AND PENNY is idle_lay_groggy_eyesclosed_loop AND KIARA spot 0.875 327 195 AND KIARA faces right AND KIARA is tinker_kneel_neutral_loop_rear AND FAYE spot 0.899 190 246 in zone 2 AND FAYE faces right AND FAYE is talk_clutchchest_sad_loop AND REUBEN spot 0.899 275 246 in zone 2 AND REUBEN faces left AND REUBEN is idle_sad_serious_loop AND PENNY moves to layer 0 AND KIARA moves to layer 1 AND FAYE moves to layer 1 AND REUBEN moves to layer 1
@pan to zone 2 in 3
@pause for a beat
@FAYE faces left
@cut to zone 3
@BILLY enters from right to screen left AND BILLY does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop AND JOHNNY enters from right to screen center AND JOHNNY does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop AND BABY enters from right to screen right AND BABY does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop AND FAYE moves to layer 1 AND REUBEN moves to layer 1 AND PENNY moves to layer 0 AND KIARA moves to layer 1 AND BILLY moves to layer 2 AND JOHNNY moves to layer 2 AND BABY moves to layer 12
@BILLY walks to screen left in zone 2 in 3 AND BILLY does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop AND JOHNNY walks to screen center in zone 2 in 3 AND JOHNNY does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop AND BABY walks to screen right in zone 2 in 3 AND BABY does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop AND pan to zone 2 in 3
@BILLY faces right AND BILLY is rear AND JOHNNY faces right AND JOHNNY is rear AND BABY faces right AND BABY is rear

JOHNNY (talk_neutral_loop_rear)
What happened?

@FAYE walks to upscreen left in 3 AND BILLY faces right AND BILLY is idle AND JOHNNY walks to upscreen right in 1.5 AND BABY faces left AND BABY is idle
@JOHNNY faces left AND FAYE faces right

JOHNNY (talk_handsonhips_neutral)
Talk to me Faye

FAYE (talk_neutral_loop)
I don't know what happened, we were all out there partying.

FAYE (talk_shrug_concerned)
And then she collapsed

BILLY (talk_sad)
Yeah so we brought her in here and then I went to fetch you.

@JOHNNY is deepbreath

JOHNNY (talk_smile_happy_loop)
And I'm glad you did

JOHNNY (talk_armscrossed_neutral_loop)
Okay, Faye can you and Reuben go tell everyone out there what's going on and I'll be out in a minute.

FAYE (talk_agree_happy)
Sure thing

@FAYE faces left AND FAYE is rear

FAYE (talk_neutral_loop_rear)
Come on you, let's go.

@FAYE exits right AND REUBEN exits right

Billy, you wait here with Baby, keep her company while I go talk to Kiara.

@BILLY is listen_nod_neutral_loop
@JOHNNY walks to screen center in zone 1 AND BILLY walks to screen center in 2
@JOHNNY spot 0.874 188 71 in zone 1 AND JOHNNY faces right AND BILLY is talk_sad_serious_loop
@cut to zone 1 AND zoom on 320 207 to 192% in 0 AND KIARA spot 0.875 299 56 in zone 1 AND KIARA faces left AND KIARA is idle
@speechbubble is 149 401 to 100% with tail_bottom_left

How is she?

Think this is fine.

So that zoom is where you want it to be but not the guy?

Yeah, he’s never where I want him to be, he should be at the same level as Kiara (blue haired girl) and I don’t know how to fix the issue?

Is he billy or Johnny?

Johnny

You might just have to spot him lower on the screen so he’s even with the blue haired girl

Okay, I’ll try that

I fixed it thank you :slight_smile:

No problem :+1:t6:

@Ryan Please close this topic, I got what I needed :slight_smile:

:sob: Ryan is gone, lol @Jeremy probably will.

Oops! I didn’t know, I’ve been too busy writing my Dirty Dancing Story and not keeping up with updates :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hello @MissSarahG1! This is Sydney the Moderator. I have moved this post from Creator’s Corner into Directing Helps and Tips because it involves scripting. If you have any questions, check out our Forum Tutorial and feel free to PM me! :wink:

Thanks for reading and have a good day :sunglasses: