Why is this not shifting right?

I’m currently struggling with an area of code where I am trying to get a car overlay with a character to drive forward into a zone, and have four other characters seemingly exit a vehicle, and they all enter into a hotel together. The thing about it is that not only is the overlay shifting properly but also everything is just popping into their spot spontaneously and it’s annoying lol I have a feeling it’s a REAL simple fix but I cannot seem to figure it out for the life of me lol.

1 Like

Can you copy and paste the script? Also, don’t worry, it happens to me too lol.

EXT. HOTEL with BLACK CAR SUV to 1.162 330 -40 in zone 3
@DEON changes into DEON_AFTERCONCERT
@transition fade in 3
&pan to zone 2 in 5.5
@overlay 6587937979367424_BLACK CAR SUV shifts to 1.162 291 -60 in zone 2 in 5
@SECURITY GUARD 4 spot 0.523 544 157 in zone 3 AND SECURITY GUARD 4 faces left THEN SECURITY GUARD 4 walks to spot 0.523 291 -60 in 5 AND SECURITY GUARD 4 does it while idle
@zoom on 596 0 to 139% in 1.5
@pause for a beat
@DEON spot 0.523 193 183 in zone 2 AND DEON is transition_sit_to_stand THEN DEON is dustoff_neutral_loop THEN DEON faces right AND DEON is walk_neutral_loop_rear AND SECURITY GUARD 1 spot 0.523 166 186 AND SECURITY GUARD 1 is transition_sit_to_stand THEN SECURITY GUARD 1 is idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop THEN SECURITY GUARD 1
#WHY ARE THEY POPPING UPPPPPP!!!

2 Likes

I tried following along with a thread that was suggested to me for help but-

1 Like

I think for when you put Deion put. Like @ that may work

1 Like

Don’t worry I got you! Firstly, you have to make sure everyone is in their positions and layers before the transition. Secondly, you can’t use AND using 2 different characters. Thirdly, try not using too much then’s and and’s in the same line because it will get confusing.

EXT. HOTEL with BLACK CAR SUV to 1.162 330 -40 in zone 3 in layer 2
@DEON spot 0.523 193 183 in zone 2 AND DEON is transition_sit_to_stand
@SECURITY GUARD 1 spot 0.523 166 186 AND SECURITY GUARD 1 is transition_sit_to_stand
@SECURITY GUARD 4 spot 0.523 544 157 in zone 3 AND SECURITY GUARD 4 faces left
@transition fade in black 3
@SECURITY GUARD 4 walks to spot 0.523 291 -60 in 5 AND SECURITY GUARD 4 does it while idle

@pause for a beat

&pan to zone 2 in 5.5

&DEON spot 0.523 193 183 in zone 2 AND DEON dustoff_neutral_loop THEN DEON is transition_sit_to_stand
@SECURITY GUARD 1 spot 0.523 166 186 AND SECURITY GUARD 1 is transition_sit_to_stand THEN SECURITY GUARD 1 is transition_sit_to_stand

I copied what you sent and it still didn’t work, but I can start over and try to implement your advice.

1 Like

I really wonder whats the error oof. Thank you for trying to take my advice btw! Good luck! <3

Hello :slight_smile:
Is your Suv overlay transparent, in the sense you can see the security guard and Deon in it through the windows when they pull up or no?

The opacity is set to 1 and you can see the driver through the window. I just can’t seem to get them to move simultaneously lol

lol I know, I’m only asking because the way you have it coded is for Deon and the guard to appear where they are suppose to drive to, so if you’re suppose to see them in the car driving to this spot then when you start the scene you’ll want to first spot direct Deon and his guard to be in the vehicle off to the side in the beginning and then code them to move with the suv for when they arrive at the hotel. Otherwise they’ll just suddenly pop up in addition to where you have placed the spot direct for them to enter the scene is way later which is also why they are just popping up.
Let me see if I can help, I’m just looking it over.

:sob: :sob: :sob: That’s what I thought I was doing lolol :clown_face:

1 Like

Also is there a reason why Security Guard 4 is chillin at the bottom offscreen? lol You have him start in zone 3 but then he walks to a spot off screen in zone 2.

lol It’s okay, at least you have the coordinates for B but you need the spot coordinates for A, to get from A to B. lol

:sob: :sob: :sob: Omg man I think I’m fried lol

1 Like

lol Hang in there :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m trying lol I keep skipping around working on different scenes because I keep running into issues I can’t seem to fix on my own. :woman_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

EXT. HOTEL with BLACK CAR SUV to 1.162 330 -40 in zone 3 at layer 7
&SECURITY GUARD 4 spot 0.523 544 157 in zone 3 at layer 2 AND SECURITY GUARD 4 faces left
&DEON spot 0.523 199 187 in zone 3 at layer 4 and DEON is idle_sit_neutral_loop and DEON faces left
&SECURITY GUARD 1 spot 0.523 211 191 in zone 3 at layer 5 and SECURITY GUARD 1 is idle_sit_neutral_loop and SECURITY GUARD 1 faces left
#Put the spots for Deon and Security guard 1 sitting in the car where they will start from.
NARR
Zoom out on the screen here and Use spot direct to get the correct spots for deon and the guards and make sure they’re sitting in the car where you want them to and then replace the ones above with new ones then delete this dialogue.

@transition fade in 3
&pan to zone 2 in 4.8
&DEON walks to spot 0.523 193 183 in zone 2 in 5 and DEON does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop and DEON faces left then DEON is idle_sit_neutral_loop
&SECURITY GUARD 1 walks to spot 0.523 166 186 in zone 2 in 5 and SECURITY GUARD 1 does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop and SECURITY GUARD 1 faces left then SECURITY GUARD 1 is idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop
&SECURITY GUARD 4 walks to spot 0.523 291 -60 in zone 2 in 5 AND SECURITY GUARD 4 does it while idle and SECURITY GUARD 4 faces left
#make sure the spot this guard is walking to is correct^
@overlay BLACK CAR SUV shifts to 291 -60 in zone 2 in 5
@pause for 1
&DEON spot 0.523 193 183 in zone 2 AND DEON is transition_sit_to_stand THEN DEON is dustoff_neutral_loop THEN DEON faces right AND DEON is walk_neutral_loop_rear
@SECURITY GUARD 1 is transition_sit_to_stand THEN SECURITY GUARD 1 is idle_armscrossed_shifteyes_loop THEN SECURITY GUARD 1
#the end of this^ is incomplete then the Security guard 1 is what?

Also sometimes when you have characters moving with the cars, the timing might be different than how long it takes for the car to get to the spot. But idk what your overlay looks like so you may have to have the characters go slower or faster than the suv or it might work perfectly fine to be timed the same.

1 Like

lol eventually after having to deal with those issues so many times, you won’t have them anymore. :smiley: anyway I hope what I did helps, I put little notes.

1 Like

Awesome thank you so much for the help once again.

1 Like