Why isn't choices working?

Hey guys! I have been working on a story and overtime I write a choice in and it says it is an error saying it needs dialog right after. I did put dialog yet it isn’t working? D: help.

Do you have a line of dialogue right before the choice? You can’t separate dialogue from a choice even with something like a pause?

It may be easier if you share the part of your script where the error is appearing :slight_smile:

readerMessage You just lost a point! Remember options matters!
readerMessage Gives ya relationships later.
}

choice “Yuh you are pretty” {
NARRATOR
sure?
EMILIA (talk_gossip_atcamera)
Awwww you are making me flush
Yes! get that self love girl!
I think we are going to be great friends.
@EMILIA +1
readerMessage You just scored a point! Every single option effects relationships with others!
readerMessage Gives ya relationships later.}

This is a portion I have been messing with it so the dialog isn’t natural

I would say add in a Narrator line right before you say “choice”

example:

NARRATOR

You can even make the speechbubble 0 0 to 0% to “hide” it if you want. You’d just have to do an @speechbubble reset right after the choice is chosen so your speechbubble reappears again :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. If you need any more info or help, let me know!

Thank you so much! it stopped but then another error occurred .-. I will figure this one out. It just says some stuff about Emilia being unexpected.

1 Like

Glad that worked! Hmmm yeah I can’t see any other issues with that section of code. Make sure you don’t just have Emilia’s name somewhere by itself without a line of speech underneath. That’s probably the best suggestion I have there :slight_smile:

I did! if I publish the story I will def credit you

1 Like

Yay! Glad you fixed it :slight_smile: I’m happy to help!!