Why me? - Discussion

The title says it all. Why me? Why have I been given this story?

So it’s that time again, Episode has featured a popular story on the app. And ruined it.

I’m not sure if I’m a beta reader or if everyone has this story, but here we go. This might be the worst featured story I’ve read. And I don’t mean that to be purposely mean, it’s just the truth.

1. The entire story is basic. The only hair styles that are available to choose in cc are the ones that were available when limelight was first released? I mean, seriously. Secondly, the uniform all the characters wear to school, aren’t the school ones in the portal? So only the clothes that were made when limelight was released too.
  2. The directing is…something. Characters that are in different scenes appear at the school despite not high schoolers, characters spot to different places in 0 seconds, characters are the complete wrong sizes & characters are wrongly placed. Apart from this directing is basic.
  3. Gem choices are still a thing. Yup, you can spend 40+ gems to spend a few moments with a hot guy you just met.
  4. Stock characters appear everywhere?
  5. Very underdeveloped characters. The mc says she is tired of being responsible, but doesn’t do anything responsible. She complains about her sleeping schedule a lot, but doesn’t do anything productive. Her best friend (another stock character) is a plot function, nothing more.
  6. Lots of spelling and grammar errors, my pet hate.
  7. New clothes do appear in the third chapter, better late than never.
Some snaps.

Has anyone else got the story? Or read the original? Thoughts?

Edit, forgot to mention I don’t think gem choices make a difference. I could’ve spent 20 gems to get invited to a party, that I then showed up at anyway regardless.

37 Likes

hey episode april fools was 6 days ago

25 Likes

Woah, what the heck? Running in high heels? At school? Seriously?
I do have a question though @LillyR, why does MC move in with the most popular guy from school?

18 Likes

-When I first saw that story, in the trending section :woman_facepalming:
My exact reaction
-After reading the description :woman_facepalming:
My exact reaction
-When I saw this
:woman_facepalming::
Wtf?!

13 Likes

This story sounds familiar :eyes:

6 Likes

My heart sank there, I was thinking why have they just given it to me today if it’s 6 days late?

5 Likes

I could’ve sworn there was a completely different featured story with the literal exact same plot, that isn’t this story :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Her mom is besties with a rich lady, so the natural plan is for them to move in and her mom will be their maid. Everyone constantly calls the mc poor, I don’t know how they all know that she’s short on money but apparently it’s the hot topic at school.

8 Likes

Omg… lol.

6 Likes

Hold up, they moved in with Mr.Bad boy because her father got them in debt, because you know there’s this thing called family, go find them. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

This story is a blan cliche and author only wanted to milk in reads with a generic plot and a bad boy.

9 Likes

Ohhh I remember this story. I read up chapter 6 and never read it again lol.
I think she even made a spin off called, Why him?

5 Likes

I thought it was this one?

8 Likes

Or ‘Why bother to write this story’? :woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

She must have been attached to the school uniforms :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I dont get why people cant support stories that are actually good.

12 Likes

And when they do, they don’t get the reconization they deserve :sneezing_face:

7 Likes

Yeah I know its really messed up.

6 Likes

I can’t wait to not read this story

18 Likes

I’m gonna have to check to see if I have that story, but I’m not surprised that Episode would release a story like this.

6 Likes