Why no one finds "bad" girls as toxic as bad boys?

We have all probably read a story with a bad boy.And you know it’s the cold,detached boy that has a tragic back story and that’s his excuse for being like this.Which,you know it’s not an excuse.
But i have met bad boys in real life.And some of them really had childhood problems that were ignored.
Anyways.
So many people find bad boys,selfish, toxic , and i can’t agree more!
But why are always bad girls excused? Why they are badass,stong and independent women but never toxic and manipulative? Why they are entitled to call other boys players,and fukboys ,but everyone gets triggered when boys do the same in stories( which is okay to be mad because no one deserves to be sltshamed)
I always ignored when i saw stories like this but they make feel really mad.
Do you agree/disagree and why?
Ps.This is my opinion and i don’ mean to offend any boy or girl or any author that has stories with bad boys/girls.

7 Likes

I think there’s not reason to be a bad boy/girl, they’re selfish and toxic. A strong and independent woman is not a bad girl, instead she’s someone that study hard and succeeded.

10 Likes

I hate the bad girl trope for this reason.
Theres literally no diffrence aside from gender yet girls get off easier when they do the exact same thing. Ppl percive it as her being strong independent woman whos comfortable with who she is…and anything less than this cliche bad girl trope is “weak”
I’d explain more but…

4 Likes

‘Bad Girls’ = Empowering to some people…

7 Likes

There’s a fine line between bad girl and a independent girl. I don’t necessarily think “bad girls” are excused. They get the same black lash as “bad boys”.
A strong independent girl isn’t a bad girl, she’s a strong independent girl.
A lot of people confuse the idea of a level-headed independent girl with a toxic bad girl.

16 Likes

ikr, independent woman has a positive meaning. Instead toxic woman has a negative meaning, I really don’t know why people confuse them…

3 Likes

You said so yourself, “bad” girls.

Usually, these “bad” girls are no more than rude women, which are bad written versions of those independant, clever women we would rather see in stories.

You may think these counterparts are excused because, in many of the readers’ (and writers’) eyes, that is what a good female MC should be like, but last time I checked, the reasonable side of the community dislikes them as much as they dislike bad boys.

5 Likes

True.

1 Like

Any story encouraging toxic behaviour no matter the gender of the MC is wrong

5 Likes

Because people think just cause it’s a women acting out the “bad *as behavior” it’s “empowering women.” Just like with the story Bad Girl Bossm, it’s no different. The double standards are just so annoying.

3 Likes

They don’t want to admit toxic femininity is more real

2 Likes

The bad girl theme itself is vague, it seems we all get the same picture with bad boys but bad girls varies

2 Likes

I think there’s a difference between strong female character and just bad girl with bad behavior and toxic lifestyle.
But I think the equivalent of bad boy is just high school bitch. But they just don’t act as LI in stories and don’t get romantizize like bad boy, that’s why we don’t talk much about them. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

:ok_hand:t4:

3 Likes

Bad boys and mean girls are similar, just different motives

3 Likes

in my opinion.
the motives are the same.
the only thing that is different between the two is that one is male and the other one is female.

3 Likes

this!

1 Like

Motives aren’t the same
Girls are asserting dominance over other girls
Guys don’t tend to be that petty

2 Likes

And that makes sense
Girls are more into people as guys are more into materials

1 Like

i’m not talking about mean girls,that always treat another girl like horrible because they are hanging out with a hot boy(which is like basically what happens with every mena girl on episode but whatever) im talking about the " someone broke my heart,let me treat everyone horribly and then find a Ll which i will still treat shitty until somehow i catch feelings for him and then i will be nice again"