Why Some people have racism

This post is to talk about why certain people may be racist to other people.

These are based on personal experiences and things I looked up online and I do not agree with them at all.

The Chinese and Japanese

So basically now sometimes Chinese people have said that their people are cruel and unfortunately they aren’t the only ones Chinese people were discriminated against because they were thought to be cruel people and to their own people. the Japanese may be discriminated against because in a war, the gov. Did this to try to make it easier to kill Japanese people in war: they put out propaganda against Japanese people.

Neanderthals even though they may or may not be dead

Neanderthals didn’t really have any discrimination because they were either not in the u.s., not found to be in the US or dead. At least they didn’t get discriminated against however they did get talked about about after death because a geologist named William King had found a neanderthal skull even though the skulls were said to be like no other skull on Earth he said that they seem to look like African or Aboriginal Australian skulls and he told people that their skulls were proof of their moral darkness and stupidity and brutality basically because their skulls were similar to African and Aboriginal Australians.

Italian-Americans
Racists thought Italians were black

if you’re Italian-American and you’re wondering why people don’t like Italian-Americans where you live like where I live we’re okay with the Italians.
In northern Italy they were going against the southern Italians the Sicilians and the Sicilians had to leave because they were being attacked for being Protestant by the Catholics of northern Italy so when they went to America they were expecting a good life but the white people of America noticed that the Sicilians had darker skin than they did, Sicilians and Italians can get dark and in some places and some months can get darker than Haley Berry and Beyonce. I actually saw one with dark skin that was dark brown the type of dark brown you see with a dark brown crayon.
That’s the only way I can describe it.
To all my Italians and black people, first to the black people, at one point both your mixed children and Italians were classified as black. This was because of their skin color. And people treated them badly, very badly. The Italians that is.
To Italians, back in the olden days people classified Italians as black, one girl had thought she was black back in her ancestry but then she found out that her ancestor was Sicilian and just marked as black.

Why they portray Italians as mobsters

An Italian man was arrested for being one, this was only one Italian man, but because he was in the mob, some racists went and lynched a bunch of Italians at an Italian festival.

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY FOUND OUT THEY WERE WHITE?

They called them along with Spanish people and Greek people, Improper Whites.
Three races were considered this and they all could have brown skin and two, Italians and Greeks, dark brown: Greek, Spanish people, Italians.
I don’t know how dark Spanish people can get because I’m not Spanish directly, my great grandma on my mom’s side is half-Hispanic half-black. The rest of my family is mostly black and there are other races, too.

More coming soon

4 Likes

I didn’t know some of that. That’s good to know.

Then again, there are so many more reasons than just history. It’s the environment and the diversity in the area you love. According to studies, places with more diversity have less racism, since people often have friendships with people from different ethnicities and backgrounds.

And there are also the stereotypes.

For African Americans, there is still tension even today between white people and black people unfortunately. Segregation and discrimination was so prominent in U.S, history. And to this day, there is still so much racism going on towards many people of different races.

Change can be difficult, but it is possible, and we should all strive for it.

6 Likes

Don’t do that:( you don’t wnana live your life worrying. I understand it’s difficult because perspectives are so heavily inflicted by societal standards like racism etc, but all skin colors are beautiful. I can understand because I get scared to go out because people are now racist towards Asians during this pandemic, but if you wouldn’t give your time to a bad and toxic friend, why care about the thought of others who barely know you and only judge you for your skin color?

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m learning to love my skin color now :hugs: When I was a kid I didn’t know my mom’s family wasn’t white(my mom and her family are from Cuba but she is really light unlike her family), so I thought something was wrong with me but now I understand I got my Cuban side genetics :blush:

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about those horrible experiences. I know it’s hard, but all people, skin colors, and races are beautiful in their own way.
There is no need to change yourself. Racism needs to change; it needs to be gone.
:heart:

2 Likes

Your ethnicity is unique. I used to be ashamed too! But I actually grew to love my asian culture!
The roots of your ethnicity, the clothing, or the food, or the music or anything that comes with it is different and different is amazing :wink:

3 Likes

Immediately, people, we only have one world to live in, peace is the only key everyone needs in their life, stop with the hate, love each other regardless of who you are, your sexuality, your skin, etc. We are equal, we’re different, but come on, stop with the negativity, if we don’t then the world will be screwed. There are a lot of good people in this world who wants to make a difference, stop hate, love each other, accept each other, cause if we don’t, we’re going to destroy this planet…

6 Likes

Aww :pleading_face::heart:
Thx for the support

2 Likes

Preach!!!

1 Like

Well said. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Now, so I’ve heard that my people, Bahamians, are being discriminated in China. So, all I’m going to say is, STOP. We’re all human beings, equal, enough with the hate, accept the people in your country, offer them just a shelter until they can come back home, (which they are home), and just be there for someone, even if you don’t know them. Come on, people, move away from your wicked ways and turn to positively. Enough is enough.

3 Likes

Some people… the discrimination is so unnecessary. I just don’t get it, what do they want out of being racist? Like, what good reason does anybody have for discrimination other than psychopaths or sociopaths or like actual crime? :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

People, don’t think before they do something.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

Fr, it costs $0 being nice.
What’s the point of being racist, homophobic, etc… we all human, we all breath, we need to love each other.

4 Likes

Facts

2 Likes

people are just dumb and that’s that :roll_eyes:
it’s the racists loss if they can’t see how difference is beautiful.

2 Likes

Honestly I didn’t experience racism till a few weeks ago when I went to visit my friend of color and their grandfather started cursing at me. But my entire friend’s family apologized and we’re good now,

So I agree racism needs to stop!

2 Likes

Even if you were white, it does not make you have something wrong with you.

It just means that You got dark skin and a white biology. You alright.

1 Like

I’m black, and the racism i faced when I was I younger practically made me suicidal. It was getting too difficult for me. I love my skin color and my heritage but people of ALL races including your own calling you names, saying they don’t wanna date you etc. People don’t understand the effect racism has on people. It guarantees what job you get, the way people treat you, your relationships etc. I had to break up with my white boyfriend because his parents didn’t like the fact I was black. Nobody can tell me that racism doesn’t exist because it does. And it ruins your life

3 Likes