Why was Faking Death featured in the black history month shelf?

Not the Asian shelf though. They didn’t do it for that. They did Asian Authors but not the Mc’s for all really.

3 Likes

Well, I just got more confused. :sneezing_face:

1 Like

They don’t care for the cultural shelves, let’s be honest and I’m not surprised they pulled this crap.

7 Likes

Exactly. There were SO MANY recommendations under their post and they deliberately chose a story with a white MC taking that spot away from a story with a black main character and by a black author.

8 Likes

Well I feel like the story is off I thought there where going to be stories about a black MC so yeah kinda disappointed episode no hate to the author though

4 Likes

Ikr

1 Like

Voices or not: not everyone knows the races of the authors, but we know if a story prominently features black characters.

19 Likes

THANK YOU! :clap:t4:

1 Like

It just doesn’t make sense to feature a story in which the MC isn’t black. It shouldn’t be up on the black history shelf if the MC is white. This is common sense?

3 Likes

IMO, even if the MC is white, at least a good proportion of the important characters should be black. There’s not really any black identity in this story. It’s not ideal for this particular shelf

10 Likes

exactly !!

That too, but that isn’t even the case either when it comes to that story. :rofl:

3 Likes

:+1:t4:

It made a lot more sense with the disabilities shelf because Episode makes it really hard to portray disabled characters, but there are so many stories about black people

6 Likes

She has stories with black characters, if they wanted to reserve a spot specifically for her they could have at least featured one of those stories.

10 Likes

Exactly. This isn’t even about whether or not you like Langdon as an author. It just makes no sense that this story was chosen

9 Likes

Her story, “Girl From Space” or whatever could have been featured. Love and Let Live could have too…

6 Likes

What? Really?

1 Like

Lmao yeah there’s really no defending that particular story being featured on the Black History Month’s shelf.

6 Likes

What’s the name of it?

1 Like