Why why why!? (Support the new authors guys)

Hey…I saw that cover :heart_eyes: and heard about this story…
I think I am following you on ig :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I will check it out once I got my phone back :pleading_face:

1 Like

@tessa28 girl if I was rude I’m sorry but I tend to be bold. But best wishes to your story :fist:t4:!

1 Like

tysmm :pleading_face:

1 Like

I agree to a certain extent: starting out as a new author can be extremely difficult and tiresome. However, I love trying out new stories, but bad grammar like op’s original post, i dont mean to be rude, but if i read a story w that type of grammar, id click off in a heartbeat and direction just turns me off within seconds, for any level of reads, although I tend to see those issues more with smaller authors. And once I don’t like a story, I never bother trying again. That and reader retention are why I stopped doing R4R.

That being said, practice makes better, and it’s important to remember you write for you, not the reads. Anyone who puts work into their stories is bound to watch their reads grow, no matter how fast.

3 Likes

I agree with you…and appreciate you
and good luck with your story

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I understands :slightly_smiling_face: :neutral_face:

1 Like

yess

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

yeah… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

hehe…I know what you mean…and I enjoyed writing my story (I love it) but whenever i see other new author get recognization with their 1st story…It always force me to think that I am not a good writer

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

agreed :pleading_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

you wasn’t rude…and thankyou :relaxed:

1 Like

Haha thanks for the advice :two_hearts:

1 Like

Agree. Real hidden gem stories are rare. It may be out there but people just haven’t discover it yet.

4 Likes

I can see how you’d feel that way. But that doesn’t mean that you are.

You don’t what that other small author had to do to get noticed. You have to do this for you, not for recognization. You’ll drive yourself crazy doing that. The readers will come along just wait and see. :heart:

3 Likes

okay… :sweat:

I’m just going to offer some of my opinions! :purple_heart: :black_heart: :purple_heart:

firstly, i don’t really understand the “teacher-student” comparison all that much. when we tell you to participate in r4r and promote your story on social media, it’s for you to get your story out there and receive more readers. how is this extra classwork? sure, writing a story is hard work- we’ve all been there! but it seems like a stretch to call it “extra classwork”. if you’ve worked hard on your story, would obviously want it to get out there; but you can’t really do that without promoting your story. nobody would be able to distinguish your story from the thousands of other story on the website.
seems kind of lazy to write a story and not want to promote it, you can’t expect reads to magically come if people don’t even know about it!

7 Likes

Exactly :100:
You sum it up.

1 Like

thank you :purple_heart: :black_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like