Why wont my overlays move at the same time

I’ve been try this for ages and it just wont work.
Basically i want my overlay to look as if its holding a wine cup and moving it,
but every time i try and get it to move and the same exact time it just wont work!
Also to add i want the wine bottle to stay on the table and the hand to move back out, but i’ve already done that and it works fine. So this is my only issue. If I can’t get help on this i suppose i will make a new intro, but please try and help me!
&overlay 5716166885310464_ARM OL 2 shifts to -258 -135 in zone 1 in 2.5 using easein AND overlay 5716166885310464_WINE BOTTLE shifts to 44 70 in zone 1 in 2.5 using easein THEN overlay 5716166885310464_ARM OL 2 shifts to -406 -147 in zone 1 in 1.5 using easein

1 Like

If this is the only thing happening at this time (aka, no other overlays moving with these), change the & sign to an @ sign. This is one of those times where it may be better, as the & sign indicates skipping forward because you want the two things to happen at the same time. But if that’s the last thing to happen, use the @ sign :slight_smile: Hopefully this helps!

Sadly that didn’t work and the hand just moved first then the bottle moved :frowning:

Could you give the following code a try and tell if it works?
&overlay 5716166885310464_ARM OL 2 shifts to -258 -135 in zone 1 in 2.5 using easein
@overlay 5716166885310464_WINE BOTTLE shifts to 44 70 in zone 1 in 2.5 using easein THEN overlay 5716166885310464_ARM OL 2 shifts to -406 -147 in zone 1 in 1.5 using easein

you must move it in the exact same time but also to exact same distance.
also I recoment to not use the easein funcion since it sometimes does weird things …first make it move together linear and after you are sure it works add the easing funcions so you can be sure they are not the reason of the problem

Here is tutorial on how to move more overlays or overlays and character simultanoustly

Thats the thing they can’t move to the exact same place or it will look wrong :confused:

not to move to exact same place but to move on exact same distance.

im so sorry but i have no idea what that means
can u pls explain?

its explained in the tutorial I have given you the link to have you read it?!

the distance explained in the picture

• greenline - distance (vertical and horizontal) for hand overlay,
    blueline for glass overlay

• they must be exactly the same to make them move simultaneously - even as you see they do not start not end at the same point.

thanks! Im going to finish reading what u said before then