Will I offend you? Please share!

So, I guess it must be a very unexpected topic to discuss, but still …:thinking: in my story people who interact with a MC are always important ones, as they influence her one way or another. But here is the thing: almost every character is different. Black , Asian, white, Latino friends, gay couples, asexual people, smart ones, crazy, goth :woman_shrugging:t2:. but what’s important, I didn’t do it on purpose! I didn’t plan just to include a person based on a race or orientation, I was only thinking about personal charecteristics, which are again have nothing to do with their race and other things. When I realized it, I thought, maybe people will be offended, they could think I did for diversity, but I REALLY didn’t. What’s your opinion? :kiss:

3 Likes

Different gives it a more realistic view of on your story. Different is good! I don’t think anyone would be offended for you putting a piece of the real world in there :thinking:. I think adding that stuff makes the story even better bc ppl can relate with the MC most often. I would read your story too when you publish it.

1 Like

The title will be “Hold on!” and thanks love for reply :kiss:

1 Like

I don’t think it will offend anyone. I can’t speak for everyone, though. I think it’s great to include diversity in your story.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure diversity won’t offend anyone, nor would stereotypes if that’s what your implicating, but that’s in my opinion. Race is a heavy topic but I’m sure people won’t mind and they’ll still read your story :woman_shrugging:.

1 Like

Thanks for reply :upside_down_face:

Depends on your story

1 Like

I don’t see how being diverse is offensive unless someone is racist and only wants a white cast :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It’s offesnive when it’s tokenism. Look it up.

I meant by general diversity not when someone uses the stereotypical “sassy black best friend”, tokenism, using diversity for profit etc