Will you read a story with 150+ chapters

Hey,
So I wanted to write a story with lot’s of chapters.
and I think it will be around 150 or 200 chapters… [I know that’s too much]

So the question is… Would you be interest to read it?

It’s a fantasy + romance + Mystery + Action + a little drama story…
You will be able to play as Mc and Li both.
Advanced directing
In LL style

Ofc, there will be seasons (Maybe two seasons)
What do you say?

:kissing: :thinking:

4 Likes

i have no problem with reading a story that long as long as it remains interesting, i think its hard not to be repetitive with something so long though, but it sounds like something very cool if its pulled off well.

5 Likes

No, I usually tap out at 40, especially if I haven’t been following it since the beginning. I guess chapter length plays a role in this too. 100+ chapters with a read time of <8 minutes is a wavering, wavering maybe.

2 Likes

I’ve never read something over 30 chapters I think, so I believe it really depends on the writing and what happens in it. If it stays interesting from the first chapter to the end, sure, as long as it doesn’t drag on with obvious drama and bad tropes meant to make the story longer.
If it’s actual plot with interesting intrigue, then sure !

4 Likes

I wouldnt mind but that is a long commitment. if its at least gonna ahve decent codeing and story telling that is gonna be years of commitment

also how much do you plan in advance, I myself am winging my story and I can tell it gets difficult when you are a few chapters in because there so much you need to remember and take in to considration

1 Like

Hmmm…!

At the begging of reading a long story (especially if it’s complete when u start it) it can be so overwhelming. So, I really recommend cliff hangers & that u make each episode as hooking as possible. Mainly because, if u lose too many readers along the way, ur redemption score will be much lower, which’s make it hard for u to rank.

However, on the more positive side, having more chapters equals a higher number of reads & also more gems spent, meaning u can unlock payments easier!

So yes! I think if u carry this well, ur story will be very successful :relaxed:

Would defo read!!! I loveeee long stories :two_hearts:

2 Likes

If I was absolutely obsessed with it, maybe. If not no absolutely not. I usually read ones that are like 30-40, 50 max.

1 Like

i don’t look for the number of chapters in a story itself but i’ll just say that if you believe your story needs that many chapters to get from start to finish, it’s very likely that massive editing and cutting out unnecessary clumps of scenes, dialogue, etc. are needed to keep it concise and engaging.

2 Likes

I don’t mind… Reading as long as it stays interesting
Bt it doesn’t mean that I will want to use for pass for a chapter less 10 mins :sweat_smile:… I have seen so many stories doing it… I absolutely hate that thing…

1 Like

I agree w everyone here in that it would really depend. Dripping Mascara is a very well-known story with 132 episodes, so I don’t think it’s something that would deter readers altogether, it depends on how it’s all written. I’ve personally not read a story with more than 40-50 chapters (the last time I even read a story that long was probably years ago), but I know that if I am seriously invested in a story, I want it to never end lmao.

150+ chapters sounds like a lot of work and planning, so I wish you the best of luck! :books:

5 Likes

I generally like stories on the longer side, but I do have a tendency to exit very long stories once I reach a point where it “should have ended” in my own mind because normally beyond that point it begins to feel like it’s being dragged out. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Omg same! Sometimes people like seem to repeat the same stuff over and over, and at that point I’m like: just stop. Like the main drama is over and done with and I just don’t watch/read anymore.

3 Likes

… I know people read only stories which remain interesting to read.
And. i will try to … make it interesting… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Uhmm… no I decided chapter length will be around 15 mins. :confused:… i guess .

1 Like

Thankyou for your answer… :relaxed:
Its interesting in my pov :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:eyes:yesss, I know what u r saying.
It gets boring to write a when you reach at a no. Of chapter and gets hard to continue…:sweat_smile: (Its what happened to me while writing my 1st story lol)
But its not a problem for me to remember a thing as I always make notes in a diary. (Even tho I never look on those as everything stores in my brain :joy:)

@anon71033048

:thinking:In my writing experience I learnt one thing that cliff hanger is imp. In the 1st chapter so it can get most readers.
I know people tends to find answers in a story…
For that you will have to give questions to them.
And I will do it in the 1st chapter straight :wink:
:sweat_smile:Even tho… I may find a co-writer to work with me… As i know i may will be busy :kissing:
Thankyou so much for replying :pleading_face:

@Stargazer54

Totally agree with you… I myself dont read more then 40 chapters but whenever I read a good story and it gets end… I always feels like… Why it ends!?? :joy:

@GucciPie

I will try to avoid any extra and non-needing scene… :sweat_smile:

@silver.shade

Aayyeee, I know what you are saying… Thats why I will keep the lengths arounf 15 mins. Or so… Until I find s good cliff hanger :hugs:

@goth.gaia

Yes, I know dripping mascara and if you search on google “famous or good stories in episode” it comes on the top. :kissing:
And thankyou :pleading_face: I know thats lots of work… Thats why I wanted to look if anyone will even read it or not… :upside_down_face:

@schittwriter

I… I will try not to drag it off… :upside_down_face:
And not to do the same stuff again…
:sweat_smile:
And yes, I agree… I myself dont find a resson to continue reading a story if I find the main answers I was looking for…

3 Likes

Btw it can get you banned if you have more than 100 chapters. :neutral_face:
So I suggest you to keep it around 80 - 85.

1 Like

I would love to but it has to keep me interested
But If a story is 80 chapters I will most likely read 40 chapters then quit as they get repetitive and boring after a bit. U would have to keep readers entertained and make sure it isn’t repetitive, the longer the story the higher the chance people will stop reading. But as I said if it keeps me entertained or leaves me on a cliff hanger I’ll read it. Hope this helps!

:upside_down_face:

Uhmm… I don’t think there is a limit… on chapters…

1 Like

uhmmm… okay… I will try to make it short … as possible… :upside_down_face:

1 Like