Winter - Here to Help: Advice & Questions!

I’ve made a guide on this very issue. You’ll find the answer on number 3:

2 Likes

Awesome thank you so much.

I’m overflowing with questions I’m sorry but how do I make a character enter and walk to a spot with it’s back facing the screen in the center?

Check the same guide, number 2B.

But as a quick answer: make the character bigger, coordinate the X Axis to the center of the screen, lower the Y Axis so the character is below the screen.
Then walk the character to the position and size you want them to be when they finishing walking.

2 Likes

How do you make characters slide up

I hope it’s not too late but I’m really stuck on my directing and won’t be able to sleep otherwise.

I want to have an overlay hit a character in the face the format of my script is;

@overlay OVERLAY shifts to x y in zone x in S AND CHARACTER is slap_face_receive THEN remove overlay OVERLAY THEN CHARACTER is run_fall

I didn’t want to bore anyone with my real script so x y , character and overlay are all replaced with actual valid commands.

The problem is that with this format is that the overlay lingers even after the character has been hit.
I wanted it to hit him and then have him react and the overlay removed by then. However the slap_face_receive takes too long so I have to have the overlay shift and the slap_face_receive at the same time.
@_overlay OVERLAY shifts to x y in zone x in S AND CHARACTER is slap_face_receive THEN remove overlay OVERLAY THEN CHARACTER is run_fall

(**So I used the AND function to have it happen at the same time.) **

The problem with that is that I need to have the slap_face_receive and the remove overlay happen at the same time. But when I use the AND for all three of these commands;

@overlay OVERLAY shifts to x y in zone x in S AND CHARACTER is slap_face_receive AND remove overlay OVERLAY AND CHARACTER is run_fall

the overlay disappears.

I’d appreciate some help :blush:
Hope that wasn’t hard to understand :sweat_smile:

Spot walk them going up and then add an idle behavior
For example:

@CHAR S X Y in zone # AND CHAR does it while idle

Here’s what I got:

&overlay OVERLAY shifts to x y in zone x in S @CHARACTER starts slap_face_receive
@pause for T
@remove overlay OVERLAY
@CHARACTER is run_fall

Since the behavior takes too long, start it and then pause for as long as you want the behavior to go on/as long as you want the overlay to be there.

Okay I’ll try that thanks!

I tried and the overlay didn’t appear :sob:

It shouldnt disappear til it gets removed…

What’s the code your suing before the overlay shifts

@overlay OVERLAY shifts to 215 380 in zone 2 in 0.6 AND CHARACTER is slap_face_receive AND remove overlay FIREBALL THEN CARNELL is run_fall

This is what it looks like

OVERLAY and FIREBALL are the same overlay btw.

@overlay OVERLAY shifts to 215 380 in zone 2 in 0.6 AND CHARACTER is slap_face_receive AND remove overlay FIREBALL THEN CARNELL is run_fall

Shouldn’t it be:
@overlay FIREBALL?

I’m not advanced with overlays but why do you have OVERLAY and FIREBALL, if they’re both the same? :thinking:

My overlay is called FIREBALL but I didn’t want to confuse you so I planned to replace my scripted name with the word OVERLAY but I forgot to replace it in the second line and ended up confusing you anyways :woman_facepalming:t5:

Oh okay. I’m not advanced in overlays. @Dara.Amarie Can you help out? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Esss and I already solved the problem here :wink:

1 Like

It’s okay I actually already got help from @Dara.amarie but thank you anyways :hugs:

What do I do when I put my characters on screen but they pop up one after another. What was wrong in the script?

Use & instead of @ or write everything in one line

How and When to Use @ and &