Winter - Here to Help: Advice & Questions!

Thanks @littlenolwen and @Apes for your help while I was offline. :wink:

1 Like

Alright I have a question and I am not really sure how to word this in a way anyone would be able to understand but here goes; say I have a scene oh a character on their bed from the top view and I want to change to a scene where she is laying on her side how would I transition that smoothly ??

I would do the character in the bed then change background and use & so the character appears as soon as the seen changes and put her in the laying animation. Hope this helps!

~ Winter :snowflake:

how do you add weather effects and sound effects?

1. sound sound_name —> to add a sound
    sound off —> to turn sound off
    music music_name —> to add music
    music off —> to turn music off

2. You add the weather name to the background name using the words “with effect…”

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with effect WEATHER NAME

For example:

INT. PROTAG ROYAL BEDROOM - DAY with effect HARD RAIN

1 Like

thank you so much!

No problem. :wink:

1 Like

Remember to like the post if you’ve got help!! :smile:

1 Like

how do you do overlays?

Check out @Dara.Amarie’s thread here: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

Hey :blush: this is my third time using episode, however for this story I gave the readers a choice in customization, but I haven’t gotten the amount I wanted. How do I add all the options in customization for the episode INK characters, because I want everyone to have very different looks and ethnicity when they’re reading and creating themselves. Please help, I’d appreciate it so much :see_no_evil:

Here’s a template that has an updated character customization:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I6eSW0SwBHysUrZZHLbq_fqASNa9KutTg4WXPjqPCoI/mobilebasic

1 Like

Thanks @RudeInception! Helpful as always. :wink:

And @cookieuncensored, use that template. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much. :heart_eyes::hugs:

No problem, literally - as I did nothing. :joy:

Thanks to you also :blush: is there an updated template for males as well?

Please how can i create a directory spotlight storylike like this one

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FTBti6im_a3lx5nPn5jJTOkvf8kbp0_xCShz8QaHEQA/mobilebasic

Hi! So I’m a new writer, although I have been a reader for over a year now. I have some fanfiction ideas, and I think Episode helps me get a view of how I would want characters to look like. So, the last time I did any sort of coding was in my Technology class in 7th grade, and I’m almost a sophomore now, so I don’t remember how to code anything, let alone on Episode. I just need some basic tips on how to do everything, and I would like help on the (kinda new) Limelight version of characters. I am not just going to do fanfiction stuff for TV shows and things like that, just FYI. I have an original story idea actually. I just need help on how to write the coding. I just think an Episode story writer would explain it better to me than the tutorials.

Choose spotlight at the start when creating your story.
Or:
Choose cinematic at the beginning.

Then to change to spotlight use:

To change back to cinematic:

I think this is how you do it. Check out the Episode portal guides - it has a section on Spotlight format which should mention this.

NOTE: You can only do this if you start your story in cinematic.