Winter's Reviews for Reads [OPEN]

Hey, I’ll PM you proof of reading the story soon and thanks in advance :slight_smile:

:warning: This review is not meant to offend anyone in any way, but is meant to help the author improve. :warning:

Over Before You Know It by @Lizard

PLOT: 9/10
Very good and unique plot. Obviously it wouldn’t attract everyone on Episode because it can be an upsetting plot, nevertheless, it was still a good plot. I didn’t find any plot holes in the story, so well done.

CHARACTERS: 4/5
The characters had different personalities, so you could relate to them in different ways. They were both quite well developed characters.

CLIFFHANGER: 2/10
It wasn’t much of a cliffhanger, although the story as a whole makes you want to continue to see if they’ll go through with it.

DIRECTING: 9/10
Directing was good. I only noticed one error: the MC was too big in the bed so it looked a bit weird. I don’t know if it was meant to look like this or not. Also, their car changed but I’m guessing it was because you didn’t have the right overlay for where you needed it. Apart from that, the directing was mainly spot on.

CHOICES: 5/10
There were only a couple of choices.

SPELLING/ GRAMMAR: 5/5
Grammar and spelling, nothing to say - I found no errors.

TOTAL: 35/50
I think the story is a good read, but I will not be continuing it because the story can be upsetting and I don’t need that in my life right now. Life is a struggle anyways. Yet, ignoring my personal life problems, this is a very good story. :slight_smile:

~ Winter :snowflake:

@Days Request accepted. I will get to your story as soon as possible. :wink:

:warning: This review is not meant to offend anyone in any way, but is meant to help the author improve. :warning:

Crossed Paths by @Days

PLOT: 5/10
The plot was kinda fast. Derek suddenly likes Mindy without even talking to her much, and then looks at her super angrily. It was a time waster and unnecessary to go to everyone in the cupcake line. It was weird how Megan just started talking to Mindy. The plot so far seems okay, but it’s not hugely unique.

CHARACTERS: 2/5
Joanne was introduced kinda weirdly, Mindy just started talking about her best friend in the middle of their conversation. I found it odd that Joanne’s sister first talked to Mindy, and nobody even said hi to each other. I haven’t got much information about the characters yet, and they’re not very developed yet.

CLIFFHANGER: 3/10
It wasn’t much of a cliffhanger at the end.

DIRECTING: 7/10
Directing was okay but a few minor errors. I advise you use idle/non-talking animations for thought bubbles. Mindy went to sleep but didn’t even lay in the bed right behind her, she just exited the scene. Joanne said she’d sort some outfits out, but didn’t even move lol. Mindy isn’t talking to anyone at the bar lol, she’s just facing the drinks. With the way the queue was going, Mindy entered the store the wrong way. It was weird how you kept showing the whole queue moving along.

Examples

CHOICES: 0/10
There were no choices.

SPELLING/ GRAMMAR: 3/5
Few errors, like missing full stops, missing commas, or misspelt words. I’m guessing it was a typo but Megan says she’s in front of a jerk, when she’s behind him.

TOTAL: 20/50
I think the plot probably will get more interesting, but for now, the first episode wasn’t that interesting, and there were quite a few weird and grammatical errors so I wouldn’t be in a rush to read the next episode.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

No problem. :blush:

bumping! :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m just seeing this now- thank you for your review. Although I’m wondering why the cliffhanger didn’t do it for you, I made the episode a lot longer than intended just to shove in that final soliloquy that the main character does before wrapping it up lmfao. Also, for the choices, usually I add low scores in reviews if I feel like I could’ve made a choice but the author didn’t add it in bc laziness- did you feel like this for the story? The choices mattered and were relevant later in the story so I’m sorry if there were only a handful, they took a while to code what with gains and all. I’m sorry my story was too upsetting for you to read, once again thanks for the review.

The ending itself didn’t make me want to read on, the story as a whole made me want to read on, to see if they’d actually go through with it. I did not feel like this with your story, it was very well written, just only a couple choices. Don’t worry about it, sometimes you need one of those. I’ve thought about it the past few days, and I think I might continue because, honestly, I really want to know what happens to them. :heart:

@Queen_Faith @brionyelizabeth Requests accepted. I will get working on your reviews as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Hey! I have read your first chapter of Soccer moms and I’m going to read more- I’ll send you screenshots on insta when I’m done :slight_smile:

Thank you. :blush:

@episode.grace I will start your story review once you PM me the proof of you reading 3 chapters of one of my stories. :slight_smile:

Fantastical: Falling From Grace by @Episode-Royalty

PLOT: 9/10
So far, the plot is good but I haven’t got much as the first episode was kinda short.

CHARACTERS: 3/5
From the first episode, I don’t know much about any of the characters yet.

CLIFFHANGER: 8/10
It wasn’t much of a cliffhanger, like I’m desperate to read the next episode cliffhanger, though it did make me want to continue reading.

DIRECTING: 9.5/10
Great directing, extra work clearly gone in - for example, the splash loading scenes, and all the overlays. It’s weird how Frederick walks over to the other side of the room in the brother’s death scene, but I understand you needed the space for the punching scene. The meeting scene spotting was really good. Overall, really good directing.

CHOICES: 6/10
There was only one choice in the first episode but I like the fact it matters.

SPELLING/GRAMMAR: 5/5
No spelling or grammar mistakes that I could see. Super old, like Shakespearean (I don’t know if that’s how you spell it lol) language but it was all good.

TOTAL: 40.5/50
Even though I don’t really like Limelight or Fantasy, I still enjoyed the first episode. Well done my Queens! :crown:

2 Likes

Thank you for the review :heart: I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :blush:

perfect! I’ll have your story read in a few days :slight_smile: .

Thanks!

bumping! open! :slight_smile:

Revival by @episode.grace

PLOT: 9.5/10
Very well thought through and entertaining. I loved it.

CHARACTERS: 4/5
The characters were developed and did even little things (like Lilian blowing a kiss after shooting people) to show their personality which was good.

CLIFFHANGER: 8/10
It wasn’t much of a cliffhanger but the chapter as a whole made me want to continue reading.

DIRECTING: 9.5/10
Great directing. Only minor errors not very often. But mostly it was clean and smooth.

CHOICES: 5/10
The only choice was the mini game but without any other choices, the story was still enjoyable.

SPELLING/GRAMMAR: 5/5
I spotted hardly any to no grammar mistakes.

TOTAL: 41/50
Thank you for mentioning me at the end! I really enjoyed your story so I will keep reading!! :heart:

P.S. Sorry for the long wait. :see_no_evil: