Winx Club (The New Live Action Show) Fate: The winx saga

Recently, A new show came out on Netflix called Fate: The Winx Saga
Which Is kind of a mature spin-off version of the teen/ children’s show Winx Club
As a kid, I used to LOVE Winx club
But this mature version of the Winx club is obviously to appeal to older audiences. and the people that are most likely to watch it are the late teen/ adult viewers who watched Winx club as kids
I was curious and let me say that this show is so white-washed
Of course, the Winx club back then was stereotypical and skinny “perfect girls”
with two POC’s
This new show only has one POC and that’s the character that HAD to be a POC (the water fairy Aisha)
This new terra character is supposed to be flora, and instead of having a bit of ethnic diversity, she is the same race as most of the other characters. I feel like that because Winx club was criticized back then because of how one dimensional it was with the diversity of their characters, they would have added more diversity. Not changing the whole background of the characters but they should have added a bit of some ethnic diversity, Most of the characters (not including main characters) are European (Caucasian)

Let’s talk about the cliche, This dude who is supposed to be sky, speaks to bloom and after one chat he’s MADLY in love with her. Not to mention that he is also pale with blond hair and blue eyes as well as having a British accent.
I do like how they changed the plot a little bit but watching this as a girl who grew up watching Winx club it’s honestly making me cringe
Feel free to comment below how you feel about this new live-action Winx club series

4 Likes

Saw the first trailer and it was terrible I am not watching that train wreck :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Honestly i’m confused as to who is going to watch this. This is clearly not meant for the original Winx Club fans, and it’s clearly also not meant for people who aren’t familiar with Winx Club. It’s like they tried to grab Hulu’s audience of young Wattpad readers who love awful Mary Sues, but they also tried to appeal to young adults. The whole thing is just confusing. I sense cancellation in the near future.

7 Likes

It’s like people are trying to make their own riverdale. It’s all dark humor because that’s what’s popular with teenagers (I’m a teenager myself but I hate riverdale and dark humor)

3 Likes

Honestly Riverdale has kinda ruined the comics for me.
I was a fan Winx Club too. Maybe I still am, haha. I haven’t watched the eighth season tho. Did you guys watch the new live action?

Two words.

It’s sh*t.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch it, the trailer itself ruins it

1 Like

Lmao, I’m watching it right now with my sister, we wanted to see what the fuss was about.
And honestly, they’ve ruined the whole franchise. Nothing is similar with the animated series and Fate.
The characters are so different, it could’ve been a series by itself, instead of taking on the Winx name.

1 Like

I saw it and I was devastated. I loved Winx Club as a child and I am just dissapointed bc it’s a mess

3 Likes

I recently decided to watch it (at least I’ll try to survive the first couple episodes) because I’ve been talking about it with my uni friends, and apparently one of them watched it and begged me to do the same.

And then we can talk about how trashy it is :smiling_imp:

So, I’ll watch it eventually. I’m just preparing myself for the damage.

1 Like

Yess omg. And sorta spoiler below…

They’ve absolutely ruined Bloom and Stella’s characters. They actually don’t even get along (as far as I’ve seen). Oh, and Sky is Stella’s ex in Fate.
How messed up is that from the pov of OG fans?!

Let’s talk when we’ve caught up on it!!

4 Likes

Omg WTF :worried:
That can’t be true. Please tell me it’s not true.

3 Likes

What I’m most angry about is the characters and design of everything as most of the characters look in their 30’s and dress like English teachers.

Like it literally makes no sense as to why they’d change up the whole theme of the clothes when their exact style is extremely trendy and popular rn, even the casting was terrible as they got rid of techna, made musa white-passing and replaced flora with some wannabe called terra

6 Likes

Stellas outfit in that photo is complete garbage

6 Likes

I wish🙈…
I swear they’ve made Bloom such a moody brat. Fate just seems like a cross between CAOS and Riverdale.:confused:

2 Likes

Alright I have a question. Where is Tecna??

1 Like

Well, and Flora since now there’s tErRa

2 Likes

According to the show they are gonna try and make it to where terra is like flora’s cousin or something

2 Likes

Still stupid though, like why? Was Flora not good enough for the show? Not to mention Tecna. They could’ve casted a plus latina actress to add body diversity as well as ethnic. They could’ve casted an actual east Asian actress for Musa’s role. But nope. Let’s whitewash, Thanos snap some characters out of the show, and let’s have the remaining ones wear my grandma’s wardrobe.

I’m Italian like the creators of the franchise and I’m ASHAMED big time for their choices :cold_face:

4 Likes

bump!! lowkey feed up with them white-washing this show … LIKE WTF. where is tecnaaaaa and this wanna be bish terra- like WHY. i want my flora back :sleepy:

and not to mention they turned musa into a white girl :neutral_face:

1 Like