Wishend's Quick 'Stuff' Shop (CLOSEDTO CATCH UP!)

Review:

Story Title: DEMIGODDESS
Author: Giselle Crescent
Story Description: Being the daughter of Zeus isn’t easy. Add responsibilities and your mother having cancer topped on with a forbidden temptation to a boy who can rock your world , literally. CC
Story Cover (VERY Optional):
Demigoddess_pY_posterThumb_7Gcj7ts6DI
Brutally Honest Or Lightly: idc as long as you don’t hurt ma feels :joy:

Something in the photo looks great @wishend

Your splashes were nice!

There were definitely a lot of good outfit choices.

You really got me as a reader to dislike the MC’s friends which hopefully was the goal because they were mean af.

The storyline had a lot of depth for example the portals and how Christian explains them really gave the story an interesting feel.

The cliffhanger at the end of each episode really got me wanting to read more. It’s always good to add some twists and turns because it makes the story more interesting and makes the reader at the edge of their seat.

The interactions between the angel and the devil were quite clever and added some lighthearted humor to the story.

Most of the things here are just things that are a bit confusing and quite easy to fix.

One key thing to remember while writing your story is to show not tell. An example is that at the beginning of your story you gave a bit of the backstory through lines of narration while it would be a bit more interesting to show through actions what the backstory is like.

One very small thing is that when the teacher told Christian to sit next to the MC, how would he know the MC’s name is if he’s new?

When the MC was going on the date with Christian and she thought she was going to study at his house, then he told her to pull over on the side of the road, it seemed a bit suspicious and he seemed a bit aggressive and if that were a real life situation, I and I’m sure many other people would be a lot more hesitant.

One other small thing that doesn’t exactly need to be fixed is that it was a bit odd that there is a forest right by the highway, but it IS possible.

One more thing that might to be re-thought is. The MC’s reaction of Christian telling her she was Zeus’ daughter. She was a bit confused and freaked out at first but afterwords she just questioned a little bit. That’s a big thing to find out in your life and she would probably be hesitant to believe Christian without proof. Also, the MC’s reaction to the angel and devil seemed a bit too calm.

Just a little question because I don’t know the whole story yet is why doesn’t the MC question the realism of Olympus and all of the gods?

One other quick thing is that it would be a lot more appealing to the reader if that in the hospital the nurse is in a different zone than the MC and you pan to the other zone while the nurse and the MC are speaking to each other, while you could just cut to the other zone.

Most of the story was very unpredictable like the fact that Christian was the one to tell the MC that she was a demigod. But I was very much expecting Damon ( I think his name?) was to be the teacher that Gracie was talking about.

Overall I think this is a very good story with a very interesting and unique story line and there are not many script errors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @wishend! I’d love a story review. My story details are below-
Hi!! Please read @S.Dsana and I’s newly published story! :blush:

Story title: Quiet Confidence
Author’s Name: Winter05 with S.Dsana
Genre: Drama
Story style: INK
Description of the story: People don’t talk to you, but not because of your status. What will happen when a billionaire sets his eyes on you to take you to the top?
Number of episodes: 3 [ONGOING]
Instagrams: @winter05.episode with @princesssana_sa
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4942036682014720

Hope you enjoy it!! :heart:

~ Winter :snowflake:

Thank you so much!! MC is adopted, also, she’s always believed that there was something different about her (will be explained later!) which is why her reactions are so calm :heartbeat:

No problem! Your story was great and enjoyable! I’ll be reading on when you continue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds interesting, I’ll read it.

Awesome, thank you! :slight_smile:

Story Title: Sophisticated & Deceived
Author: Briana M.
Story Description: Ashden, a 26 year old young woman learns that life isn’t about being emotionless and too sophisticated. Will a guy help her explore her emotions in life?
Story Cover (VERY Optional):

Brutally Honest Or Lightly: Brutally Honest

Thank you!

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll start your story soon! :slight_smile:

The intro was very well done and introduced the story in a nice way.

Once again, it’s better and more interesting for the reader if you show through actions that Angel grew confident overtime because most readers don’t want to learn about that through lines of narration.

When Mr Russo came up with the concert idea, it seemed very sudden and the principal seemed a bit too quick to agree especially with no planning for it.

It was confusing at first who Mr Russo was and what is age was because he IS a love interest so he can’t be a 59 year old, but it kind of felt like he was at first because he was already such a well known businessman even though that’s kind of besides my point.

Were the girls at the beginning when they were announcing the concert Angel’s friends?

I really liked the montage of all the jobs she had, it was a quick and easy way of explaining what she’s been through in a way. A good example of showing, not telling. My favorite.

All of the endings for each episode seemed quite anti climatic. Like when she saw Mr Russo at the restaurant it didn’t seem like such a big deal. Or when he was saying “Is she worth it?”. It felt like of course he’d be talking to the hostess about how well it could work out. Although I can’t really talk, I’m always in a rush to finish an episode I end at the randomest time.

The author characters were a good way to show that it was a collaboration but seemed a bit unnecessary because if readers enjoyed the story, they’d read on anyways.

Since I’m all about the realism of stories, I don’t think the restaurant owner would care if she got a bit distracted especially after seeing someone she knew.

I think the readerMessages are good because it shows that choices doceffect things which to a reader is so exciting and definitely shows there was work put into the story.

The spot directing was done very nicely and must’ve taken a while!

It was never said what happened to the mom after the nurse called Angel.

I was confused as to why there were gates at the school because it looked kind of like a prison.

It seemed a bit odd that a stranger was giving Angel some clothes.

All of the outfits were really cute and had a lot of clothing pieces, accessories, and details.

The layering in the kitchen when the owner called Easton (I think) and Angel was off, Easton was below a waitress already there when he should be on top.

The relationship between the mom and Angel was adorable and heartwarming. There were a few poignant scenes with them!

We only really see the shy Angel other than the Angel performing on stage who looked confident. Will we see her later on?

I noticed that on I think all of Angel’s outfits she wore the same necklace. That’s supposed to happen, right? And is there a meaning behind it if you don’t mind me asking? I think it’s cool to add a little detail like that because it makes the story feel all the more realistic.

Anyways, I think I went on a little bit too much. I really enjoyed the story and it was a unique idea! I’m excited for new episodes to be published!

Thank you so much! Yeah, the necklace is special so she wears it all the time. :heart:

Ooh, sounds interesting!

Hiii! If your still doing this could you make a night background and a rainy outside? And have a picture frame??? Btw these are beautiful!:grin::heart::smile::grin:

I’m actually unable to do backgrounds, sorry!

1 Like

It’s fine dw! Ty though!:grin::smile::heart::purple_heart:

I’m so sorry, I’m trying to take a break from typing for personal reasons but I’ll get your review done in the next week or so.

1 Like

Okay that’s fine.

Hey! Do your do small AND large covers?

Yep! But I’m currently on a little break. I can get it done in about a week.