& with dialogue isn't working

Another day, another error I need help fixing :joy:

For some reason, whenever I try to put an & before a piece of dialogue, the actions from not ONLY the & don’t work, but the action I have the person who is saying the dialogue is also not working. My characters are just standing, idly.

Here’s my script:

&TYRION is transition_stand_to_squat_neutral and NAVI faces right
NAVI (talk_asif_angry)
No, daddy!

I have no clue why the heck this is happening, so any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated because it is very annoying :lol:

@NAVI faces right
&TYRION is transition_stand_to_squat_neutral
NAVI (talk_asif_angry)
No, daddy!

Try this :heart:

1 Like

I once had a glitch where none of my animations worked and my characters were naked for an entire scene when I previewed on my phone. I waited a few hours, updated the script and it worked ok. :laughing:

1 Like

Ok, that made Tyrion do the transition action, but Navi still doesn’t do the talk_asif_angry eek

Can you send me a screenshot of your script??

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.55.10 PM

1 Like

Try “starts” isntead of “is” for Tryion’s action

Tyrion’s is working fine, it’s Navi’s action that’s not showing up.

I think it might be some sort of glitch.

1 Like

It can be… I recommend to fill a support ticket :heart:
Maybe try with another animation…?

1 Like

I definitely will! Thank you so much for your help <3

2 Likes

What do you have before that part? Can you show more of your script?

2 Likes

Okay I see the issue. Delete the “pause for 1.3” and instead use the @ sign for the line where TYRION and NAVI are walking. Also, add the faces right and the starts transition commands on the same line and use the “then” command.

@cut to zone 2
@TYRION walks to ---- and TYRION does it while run_super and NAVI walks to ---- and NAVI does it while run_super then NAVI faces left and TYRION starts transition_stand
NAVI (talk_asif)
No, daddy!

1 Like

It worked! Thank you SO much!! <3

1 Like