Wondering for work later in life?

So i’m 16 going on my 17 this year and i’m almost done with school but I still have no idea what I wanna do later in life. Like everything that people suggest that are fun, good, etc I find it boring and even because of that it make want to drop out (and I can not take it anymore of homework it literally make me have mental breakdown).

So I wanted to know if any of you are in this situation?
And what would you do if you don’t know what to do in your life?

4 Likes

What are your strengths? The medical field is an ever growing and stable employment choice. Lots of options there.
You could go to college and think about your major while you take the pre req classes.
Or, you can just be young and enjoy life for a bit. No need to find your life career or commit to a college degree fresh out of high school.
Work a couple years in a part time gig. Save up for road trips or concerts.
Baristas make great tips and you learn valuable social skills for the workforce.

2 Likes

I’m old, have a degree that I actually use and still don’t know what I want to do with my life :upside_down_face:
But after high school, I went to uni to do a completely different course when I had zero clue what I actually wanted to do. I then dropped out and took a year off and that was a great move for me, personally. Are you planning on going to college? Maybe you could take a gap year or semester?
Even when you have a degree, there are still ways to change fields if you realise that you don’t like what you’re doing.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. School makes me so depressed and I have social anxiety so it’s worse. But my parents don’t understand that. I have no advice but I know how you feel. I’m 16 going on 17. I had my whole life planned I feel like and got good grades but this year has gone hill. Sorry for mini rant.

1 Like

I don’t have much strengths at school. All of my classes are almost failing apart from art (even thought i’m not good in art) And I actually thought about after school is done that I could go visit the side of my mom family in Switzerland so I can relax and all but I just met them when I was 1 year old so i’m scared how to react and all. But thank you for your advice :relaxed:

2 Likes

I do not plan to go to college but at the same time i’m scared about what my mom gonna thinks and its just all confusing for me. Thank you for your advice tough :relaxed:

1 Like

Don’t be sorry for your rant sometimes it’s just good to rant about everything. School make me depressed too and being alone, but my dad understand it more than my mom because he went through it. Sometime I feel so alone just because my friends aren’t the one to listen to all the things I wanna say and let out. My grade never has been good but this year gone hill too.
We just need to stay strong. :heart:

1 Like

Well if you ever want to talk about it I’m here. Because we share a lot of the same problems.

1 Like

Thank you I will be there too if you need to talk about it :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks!:black_heart:

1 Like

Well I’ve done just about everything from McDonald’s to now owning my own thrift store you can do anything you want to

2 Likes

Why didn’t you say anything to me on IG

1 Like

I have a tiger mum lol. Convincing her to let me take a year off was really difficult (she basically threatened to kick me out and disown me lol) but eventually she came around. Just be willing to keep your options open I guess. Are there any career fairs that you can check out?

2 Likes

Many people spend their entire lives not knowing what they would like to do as a career. Don’t let it get to you or it will drive you craaaaaazy :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

1 Like

There is career fairs but not at my school and its not at a time of school so I would need transport which I don’t have.

Doing some online research on careers that requires low investment but high payoff is going to be your best bet. You have to decide on what kind of life you want to lead and what sort of work interests you. That can also dictate where you live because certain fields are saturated in certain locations. It depends on many factors, maybe these links can help give you some ideas on where to start.

https://www.geteducated.com/careers/highest-paying-associate-degree-jobs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.