Words that Are Hard to Say in A Language

The title says it all, what are some words that you struggle with saying in your language or a language that you are learning? In my family’s mother tongue, for me, it’s “horse”, I always butcher it and say “bitter” instead :joy:

My mom tried teaching me but I couldn’t get it because the words are so freaking similar, it just matters how they’re said, one is a bit more emphasized over the other XD

Honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever get it, sadly… :slight_smile:

But that’s what happens when you have a tonal language sigh

Anyways…

In French, the word voiture (car) is kinda hard to me, I’m scared I’ll mess it up :laughing:

Atm can’t think of a word in English though I really dislike having to spell the word “phenomenon” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Even though I was told how to pronounce it, I still have trouble pronouncing l’écureuil (squirrel) in French. It’s so hard :sob:

In English, I struggled with Worcestershire a ton as well!

3 Likes

GURLLL!!! I didn’t even know Worcestershire was a word!
Lol

1 Like

I heard this term on Shrek, OMG, it IS difficult :laughing:

English has some words that are pretty (OK, really) long but luckily they aren’t used much ^^

1 Like

I’m learning Spanish and I can’t roll my R’s. Like. At all. :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Don’t be ashamed, you are trying your best :joy:

And I wanted to learn Spanish as well and I was trying but I started mixing up my French and Spanish so I couldn’t, it just made everything harder so I stuck to the language I know more in (only going to learn one, and that is French) XD

Also, Spanish songs are awesome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s so cool that you learned French tho!

I may be able to replicate the “R” sound if I become more fluent, but I don’t think I’ll be able to roll my R’s

SO sounds that involve the rolling of the R’s, I can’t say :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not exactly “saying” but finger spelling really long words like onomatopoeia is a…female dog in ASL. It murders my hand.

4 Likes

Even in spoken English, that word is deadly :scream:

And that’s cool, you know ASL :smile:

2 Likes

I had the hardest time trying to say “Massachusetts” as child and… I still do. WHY DID Y’ALL NAME THIS STATE THAT?

3 Likes

Yeah you’re right about that :sweat_smile:

Thank you! I’m trying to become bilingual~

2 Likes

Bump <3

I’m kinda cool or great at pronouncing some english words.
but I get stutter when it comes to the words that starts with sh, x, r, h. That sometimes I mixed up the words, example" Irish saturn but mostly I say saturn wrong since from the previous letters sh the word saturn become Shaturn. I will most likely say the word correctly with a pause before saturn…

But the difficult word to say is murder and murderer, it’s too damn difficult :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I tend to pronounce “pronunciation” weirdly.

2 Likes

The word “order” I find really difficult to say. Nobody in Australia says it the way I do and I feel really weird

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.