Words that are in your language

Hello do you want to know what are some words in my language are. Water in my language is mmiri and food means nri so please comment down what words in your language mean.

8 Likes

Nri means food in Igbo

2 Likes

My language is SO weird and funny you will be laughing your eyes out :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:okay lol
Im trying to think of a word … Anyway food would be called bakshanam and water…vellam… :joy::joy::joy::joy: flower …poovu :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Food is Comida
Water is Agua
Sky is Cielo
Heart is Corazon

4 Likes

Water

1 Like

Mine is a bit weird since we pronounce our consonants differently, and modulate the words differently depending on the dialect.

Words in Tagalog:
(note we pronounce our vowels as ah-eh-ee-o-ooh = a e i o u)

• watawat (wah tah wat) - Flag
  • iwinawagayway (ee wee nah wah gai wai) - waving
  • niya - he/she
  • ang - the

and if you put em all together:
Iwinawagayway niya ang watawat = he/she is waving the flag.

Pag-asa - Hope
Bakla (bak-lah) - Gay
pagkain (pag-kah-in) - food
Bulaklak (Boo-lak-lak) - flower
Tubig (Too-big) - water
the cutest one for me is: apoy (ah-poi) = fire

Bisaya Words:
Maayo (Mah ah yo) - good
Unya (oon-ya) - later
Dam-go - Dream
Bayot (bah-yot) - gay

and heads up:

If any of y’all meet a Filipino and they tell you that the way we greet each other is by saying “Putangina mo!” Y’ALL DON’T THAT’S DISSING (IT LITERALLY TRANSLATES INTO “your mom is a whore!”)

A lot of us love pranking and tricking people that don’t know any better, because of our culture for having a buttload of fun regardless if it crosses a line or not. Don’t be fooled with our smiles and fun, we might play around with it, but we mean well for the most part.

tip if you do come across one of these: catch them off-guard and just reply : “ah talaga? putangina mo rin!” (trans: oh really? your mom is a whore too!)

5 Likes

Mine… Well… Mine is greek haha
Food=Fagito
Water=Nero
Flower=Louloudi

3 Likes

Lol ok,
so food is khaana
and water would be pani
a dog is kuuta
and sky is aasman
my language is hindi btw not as cool as the people above but lmao its the only non english language ik :joy:

5 Likes

Mine is hindi too :wink:

1 Like

North India :laughing::laughing: I’m from the south though …bt I can speak Hindi :joy:

1 Like

OMG ARE YOU NIGERIAN TOO ANSNSBWBWBBWBSVSBWBQ

Kedu means roughly “how are you?” in English.

Odema is, “I’m good/ I’m fine.”

Both are Igbo.

2 Likes

Yes I’m Nigerian

Food: Toit
Drink: Jook
Love: Armastus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like

Moved to General Chat since this isn’t Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Here’s some funny sentences in one of my mother languages.
French:
Ton tonton tond ton thon. It means “Your uncle mows your tuna.” :joy:
Les vert vers de terre vers le vert verre verse de vert verre sur les vert verres dan le vert verre. It means “The green earth worms near the green cup pours the green glass on the green worms in the green glass.” :joy: :joy:
And in Mandarin, there’s this tongue twister that just sounds like a bunch of “ma” sounds, since ma has different accents. Ma can mean mom, to scold/get angry at, horse, and is also a sound you add at the end of sentences to indicate a question.
ma ma qi ma. ma ma ma ma. ma wen ma ma, “ma wo gan ma?” It means "Mom rides the horse. Mom scolds the horse. The horse asks mom, ‘What are you scolding me for?’ "
:joy: I love those kinds of tongue twisters. :+1:

2 Likes

I only speak english sooooooooooooooooo
hey means hey
episode means episode
broccoli means broccoli
:joy:

2 Likes

ooooh you guessed right lmao :joy: I’m from delhi

1 Like

Ooo :smile: it’s always so nice to see fellow indians, but on a side note who did your pfp?? ITS GORGEOUSSS

1 Like

Oh cool :joy::joy: I’m from kerala

2 Likes