Would anyone be able to make a script template for me?

Hi! I’ve been having a really hard time trying to get a car to drive into a scene with two people sitting in it. I’ve been stuck on this part for a week now and I just can’t it right because I’m alway getting errors. Would anyone be able to create a script template for me?
I want to car to drive into the scene to this spot: -350 -69 at this scale: 0.689 in 2 seconds,
and I want two people to be in the car at this size: 0.458

If anyone could make a script template for me, I would really really appreciate it!

I actually just wrote a scene like that. I don’t know that I could make a template for you, but I could show you that scene so you can look at it.
EXT. TOWNHOUSE - DAY with CAR SIDE BROWN

@pause for a beat

&STAR 16 spot 0.207 -165 263 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND STAR faces left

&MOM spot 0.222 -133 250 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND MOM faces right

&DAD spot 0.200 -121 259 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND DAD faces right

&zoom on 0 91 to 370% in 3 THEN zoom on 37 94 to 1116% in 2
&pause for 2.7

@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to -23 63 in 4 AND MOM walks to spot 0.222 71 256 in zone 1 in 4 AND MOM is idle AND DAD walks to spot 0.200 86 267 in zone 1 in 4 AND DAD is idle AND STAR 16 walks to spot 0.207 38 265 in zone 1 in 4 AND STAR 16 is sleep_sitting AND STAR faces left THEN STAR 16 is sleep_sitting

Ok, this is a kind-of template, with different steps
STEP 1
*BACKGROUND - with *CAR
&CAR spot coordinates (put the car off screen)
&CHARS stand offscreen
(Put the people off screen, in the car, as best you can

STEP 2
using spot positioning, put the car where you want it to
then put the characters in the car the way you want them to
remember the numbers
STEP 3

Now put it all together

BACKGROUND - with CAR

&CAR spot coordinates AND CHARS spot coordinates

@CAR moves to spot new spot coordinates that you had in step 2 in 2 AND CHAR1 walks to spot coordinates AND CHAR2 walks to spot coordinates AND CHAR1 is idle AND CHAR2 is idle

^
there’s gonna be a lot there, but if you wanna get it right, write it like that- it worked for me.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m gonna try that!

Hey! I finally got around to coding this part, and I am using what you said and the car never shifts. When I zoom out, I can see it off the screen along with the characters, but it never actually moves. Do you think you could help me out?

This is what I have coded:
EXT. MALIBU HOME - DAY with CAR ANGLE VINTAGE
&overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE shifts to -732 -99
&overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE scales to 0.714 0.714
&CARMEN spot 0.675 -373 61 in zone 1
&AMELIA spot 0.675 -289 61 in zone 1
@overlay CAR ANGLE VINTAGE shifts to spot 0.714 -278 -99 in zone 1 AND CARMEN walks to spot 0.675 78 61 in zone 1 AND AMELIA walks to spot 0.675 168 41 in zone 1 AND CARMEN is idle AND AMELIA is idle

try removing the 0.174 in the second one when it shifts and you have to give it a time code like:
@overaly CAR ANGLE VINTAGE shifts to spot -278 -99 in zone 1 in 4 … etc and you also have to have the characters walking the same speed as the car (in this case 4). It never moves because you aren’t giving it enough time to SEE it moving.

1 Like

I just tried it and I added the time, but all that appreared on the screen was this:

Sorry I don’t know what I’m doing wrong

lol. Ignore the part where I said remove the 0.174 that’s probably it.

I got it! thanks so much!

1 Like