Would anyone like to help me?

Hello everyone, I recently signed up. I’d like to animate a story. Would any of you like to help me? Since it’s the first time? Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean by: “I’d like to animate a story I read a long time ago” ?! Because Episode guidelines strictly state that every story you create must be your own original work. It can’t be work that has already been written by someone else, as this would be plagiarism.

1 Like

Forgive me, I expressed myself badly :woman_facepalming:t2:

search Joseph Evans on youtube, his tutorials are your saving grace.

and also just because a people don’t understand copyright, please remember any art you use has to be copyrighted free, that means google and pinterest, is a no go, because art their usually is copyrighted. using copyright art for commercial use is basically theft. and episode is cormorcial use as they have adds.

3 Likes

Of course. I would never do such a thing. I know how much work there can be behind a story or any art form. As I said, I expressed myself badly, also because I am not a native English speaker, and therefore I am not very good with English grammar. Thanks for the video tip.

1 Like

I am glad to hear that, but you would be surprised to find out how many don’t know that :sweat:

1 Like

I don’t understand how they dare to do such a thing! People do so much to make stories come true, they put a lot of passion and a lot of love into it, and it’s not right for this to happen. :persevere:

1 Like

pixabay.com

https://wordpress.org/openverse/
^^^ free to use images websites, a literal ton of them. You’ll have to resize the images to episode dimensions (640 (width) x 1136 (height) for 1 zone, 1280 x 1136 for 2 zones and 1920 x 1136 for 3 zone backgrounds) but that’s super easy to do in an editor or even free services online.

^^^ great places to find overlays that are free to use (be wary of anything with a real company logo on it as those are copyrighted. but the others are safe to use. )

Ask for help in the right places: If you want someone to create a background, go to Art Resources and make a post or check out the numerous “art shops”. Most are free. :slight_smile: If you need directing/code help, post in the “Directing tips and tricks” section of the forum as more people that can help will see it.

Joseph Evans videos are a great resource for beginners and he’s recently started revamping the Episode guides part of his youtube. You should also check out @Dara.Amarie’s website.:

^^^ queen of code and templates. It has a lot of great tips/tricks and guides. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps you out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You’re welcome and good luck on your story. This community is pretty great about helping people out so if you run into an issue, don’t be afraid to ask for help. We all started at the beginning, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck darkharmony! I played WoW for 6 years and that community seemed more welcoming lol
And no that wasn’t ironic.

Totally owned as a 60 ret paladin grumble

You can message me whenever you need coding help.

1 Like

Thank you :blue_heart:

1 Like

Of course

1 Like