Would It Be Alright If Only The First Story Had A Bad Boy?

Hey everybody! I’m writing a story, with a sequel, and a prequel.
The first stort will have a bad boy, and I would like to know a few things.

Would you read the first story, knowing the second would be about a good guy?

• Yes
  • Nope

0 voters

Would You Want The MC Of The First Story To Stay Alpha, Or Change After The Girl Comes?

• Yes
  • Nope

0 voters

Are you a sucker for cliches, like me… And would read the first story anyways?

• Yes
  • Nope

0 voters

1st Story Description: While investigating her late brother’s death, London Adler ends up in a foregin country with a dangerous underworld… While encountering the hot, sexy, Gabriel Morreau.

2nd Story Description: I haven’t completely thought of it yet, but the LI will be kind like his mother!

1 Like

For me it would depend on how you portray that bad boy, since there are different types. Most authors just create the good boy and bad boy labels like it was mandatory, and basically everyone will become a bad boy who is not a nerd. In order to make this obvious, bad boy gets a leather jacket and a cigarette, and good boy gets glasses. Done.
So some “bad boy traits” like being confident, cool and sarcastic are actually attractive (at least to me), but I really dislike when they behave like a jerk in every situation with every single character. Oh and I hate when although this doesn’t have to do anything with the plot, it turns out that…wait for it… he is in a gang! (Especially when he is one of the most feared gang leaders at the age of 17. Yeah man, happens in real life all the time.)
I couldn’t vote for the last question because I’m definitely not a sucker for cliches, but if you were able to write a “cliche” story, which stands out in some way due to interesting characters and/or story line, I still may read it. It’s all about implementation.

2 Likes

You might want to change the second poll’s question since it’s not a yes or no question. I didn’t know which one to select :upside_down_face:

2 Likes